Question about Samsung Televison & Video
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You can try to use this tip,
which is generally used for all these Samsung models:
I think that P-241 is about the same of P-233, which is unlocked with
this tip. You can try, and then answer me if worked.
1. Make sure that there is no disc in the tray and switch on the player.
2. Cold start the player, by holding down the PLAY and STOP buttons on the player.
3. You should see a set of language options. Release the PLAY and STOP buttons.
4. Select your language.
5. Press REPEAT then the following codes for the required region the player is already set to (region you bought the player in) do not confuse this with the A-B button:
Region 1 - 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
Region 2 - 3, 8, 7, 6, 7
("E series M105", M205 and M305 users try: 57538)
Region 3 - 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
Region 4 - 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
Region 5 - 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
Region 6 - 2, 4, 4, 6, 2
6. A code will appear, indicating the region setting of your player.
7. Press 9 for region-free, or 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, etc.
8. Press OPEN/CLOSE on the Player to open the disc tray. You may need to push the tray shut rather than use the player button, in order for the region not to be changed to 4 (M203).
9. Press STANDBY (POWER) on the remote control to close the tray. Next time the player is turned on it will set to the region specified. If the player halts on the FBI Warnings, press Forward Search x2 or faster.
On some models, you will have the ability to disable Macrovision, but you will have to turn off the Quasi-PAL option and set the SCART output type to Video rather than RGB.
Posted on Jul 09, 2009
1. Verify connections are color coded.
2. If they are correct, take out movie, press Play/Stop at same time on the front of the unit (not remote) to reset any settings that may have been changed.
Posted on Jun 04, 2010
SOURCE: can't open dvd drawer
My daughter put a second dvd on top of one already in the drawer and closed the tray, which then would not open. Solution: Unplug player. Remove 3 screws on back of player and remove cover. On the top right is the sliding tray. Over the tray is a plastic "bridge" with a white disk on top. Gently pry up the back of this bridge unit and gently slide out the top dvd. Replace cover and 3 screws holding it. Plug in player and hit Eject, which should now work.
Posted on Dec 21, 2010
SOURCE: what dvd laser lens cleaner
You can use any branded DVD-lens cleaner. I recommend Sony. It is just like a normal DVD except that brushes will pop out to clean the lens when you play it. After the cleaning is complete the sample video file on the DVD will be played indicating that it has been cleaned. Otherwise clean again.
Posted on Apr 04, 2011
SOURCE: Dvd is stuck in my
unplug the unit from the wall socket, unscrew to remove the protected cover... ty
Posted on Jun 21, 2011
Testimonial: "I greatly appreciate the advice. I was able to retrieve the DVD, return it and saved on a repair fee. Liz"
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2012 | Samsung DVD-P241 DVD Player
Sep 19, 2011 | Samsung Cameras
Jun 21, 2011 | Samsung Televison & Video
Apr 04, 2011 | Samsung P241
Dec 13, 2010 | Samsung DVD-P241 DVD Player
Dec 10, 2008 | Samsung DVD-P241 DVD Player
124 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!