Question about Washing Machines
If this is a TOP LOADER, the operator console comes of in various different ways:
1. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
2. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. On some consoles there will be a screw located in the rear on each end that you need to remove in order the lift the console.
Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
If this is a FRONT LOADER, the console is removed in the following way:
1. Unplug the washer.
2. Remove the washer top panel by removing the three torx-type screws (or 7mm) where it attaches in the rear of the washer. The panel should slide back, and then lift off.
3. Remove the operator console by removing the dispenser and the scew(s) behind it. Take a putty knife and insert it under the console seam right above the door. If you push in slightly while pulling outwards the panel pops off. Use care not to pull or damage any of the wiring. You can leave the wires attached and simply lay the console across the top of the washer out of the way.
If you have any questions, or need further assistance, please let me know. please include a model number so that I may be able to provide you with better assistance.
I hope this helps you.
Posted on Sep 07, 2009
Testimonial: "what a quick responce, i am impressed"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2015 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Mar 14, 2012 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Nov 25, 2011 | Washing Machines
Oct 13, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Aug 22, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
May 25, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 25, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jul 01, 2009 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Aug 28, 2008 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
468 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!