Question about Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC
I believe if you are a bit of a hands on type of person you should be able to do this yourself.
but not without researching !
read this page, should tell you everything you need to know, from the perspective of someone who had to do the same changing of the CMOS battery.
or read below:
quoted from: Tenc hi4U
DISCLAIMER : I take no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your Axim. The parts and proecedures described in this guide refelct my own experience with my own Backup Battery (BuB) in my girlfriend's Axim X3. Your mileage, parts, anbd experience may vary.
Tools needed for successful BuB replacement:
1. fine tip jeweler's screwdrivers (helpful if you slightly magnetize the tip)
2. Varta V20HR rechargeable NiMH battery
3. electrically conductive silver epoxy
4. strong needlenose pliers
5. electrical tape or heatshrink (razor blade or scissors to cut to shape)
But here it is step-by-step:
1. Pop little rubber caps from 4 corners of back covers. Disassemble Axim X3 with small jeweler's phillips head screqwdriver. Be sure to plave all parts in a plastic bag or other container (4 scres rear cover, 2 screws near port). Disconnect the ribbon connector towards the bottom of the PCB and the speaker wire (also on the lower portion of the PCB). Backup battery should be the green covered circular item under the pcb).
2. Locate backup battery, Cut away BuB cover, & CAREFULLY use strong needlenose pliers to grip and "roll" the leads off of BuB.Be very careful with the leads.
3. Mix dime sized batch of silver conductive epoxy (do NOT hot solder this battery, heat will lead to BuB damage and destroy lead connection to wire).
4. Apply epoxy to both sides (not too much)and afix respective leads to respective side (red lead goes to +, black lead goes to -). Secure connections with some type of clamp (I used a binder style paper clip, but a wooden close pin or something else that will hold the leads to the BuB while the epoxy cures (Mine took 24 hours to cure).
5. Recover new BuB with protective covering (I use electrical tape cut to the shape of the BuB. Covering WILL have to be form fitting to fit back into Axim BuB "slot".
6. Reassemble and charge Axim and charge.
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2011 | Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC
Jul 11, 2009 | Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC
May 16, 2009 | Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC
Apr 24, 2009 | Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC
Apr 14, 2009 | Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC
Apr 07, 2009 | Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC
Mar 27, 2009 | Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC
2,056 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!