Question about Daewoo KOC-925T Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Plscti/ teflon coating inside the microwave

The plastic coating inside my microwave has started pealing off. can the coating be done again.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Daewoo Master
  • 8,803 Answers
Re: plscti/ teflon coating inside the microwave

Is it plastic or paint? I would be surprised if it were plastic, as that would probably not withstand the microwave energy.

If it needs to be repainted, that can be done if it is cleaned and dried.

High temperature appliance paint is available from stores like Wal-Mart or Lowe's.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Mar 04, 2008

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Is my microwave safe to use if the inside of the oven is pealing?

Most likely if the metal screen in the door is intact. That screen and the metal cover on the back and sides surrounds the insides of the oven reflect the microwaves back into the oven. Just be careful about the peeling plastic inside.

Jan 26, 2015 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

The metal is showing inside. The white coating is pealing. Is this dangerous?

The peeling of the white coating inside of the microwave oven is dangerous in terms of creating a fire hazard and potentially contaminating the food you cook within it. This can be prevented by cleaning up all splatters and spills immediately before using the microwave oven again. You can fix the peeling by replacing the microwave oven or repairing it. To repair it, you will have to remove the peeling coating and then repaint the interior of the microwave with paint that is designed for microwaves in general. Though, if you do this, you will have to let the paint dry up for at least 24 hours. I hope this helps you!

Feb 10, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Is it possible to restore the teflon surface of teflon coated pans on which the surface has become scratched (in this case Jamie Oliver Tefal Frying pans)

No. There is no effective repair procedure for the pan once the teflon coating has become scratched down to the bare metal or begins peeling off.

You can continue to use the pan safely, but the non-stick surface will not be as effective as an undamaged coating would be.

Never use metal forks / spatulas / utensils on a teflon coated pan.

Instead try using thermal rated plastic, teflon, or wooden spatulas which will not scratch the pan coatings.

Good luck.

Jun 12, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have Ultrex II cookware. the nonstick interior is peeling off several of my pans and getting into the food. very disappointed. hope it is not a health problem.

most of this is teflon plastic , you have probably eaten worst . but there is a spray replacement to re-coat your cook work. just heat high and spray on and cool off and done non-stick again foe a few years at least . some can be purchased @ Walmart. or on Ebay hope this works out for you. use only plastic or wooden spoons etc, not metal it scraps it off again ....... >

Dec 20, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I am having problems with the coating on the inside of my pans. It is coming off. What can I do?

If you are referring to the teflon coating, the only thing you can do is throw them away because that teflon is very cancer causing and toxic. How old are the pans? Just go to walmart and buy another set.

Oct 19, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The motor is starting to squeak.From using it last week and again today it is getting louder and the housing is very warm. Thank you!

if the motor you hear squeaking is the internal fan (not the vent fan if it has one) then that will have to be replaced or lubed. if that fan stops working then the magnetron will be damaged very quickly ... servicing inside the microwave is a bit dangerous ... make sure it is always unplugged anytime the cover is off ... the voltage and current inside is potentially fatal .while its plugged in ... if the internal fan is slowing down then the magnetron will get very hot. .. if you are handy you can re-lube the magnetron cooling fan by removing the cabinet (unplugged of course) ... use a lite machine oil or oil designed for very small motors .. don't use teflon oil or WD40 .. good sewing machine oil is ok ... make sure the plastic mounting for the fan is ok and not warped or cracked ... make sure the fan blade doesn't touch anything and turns freely .. if you are not mechanically inclined then you might get an estimate for repairs .. often a new microwave costs less than repairs to an old one ..

Jul 29, 2010 | Hamilton Beach Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I'm getting a flash inside the oven and the plastic on the inside roof has a burn mark. I removed the plastic cover over the micro wave generator and it did not spark. is the oven dying? It is a 1983 0ver...

It looks like the metal part inside the oven is exposed to the high frequency rf waves. this may sound strange but try coating the metal part with fresh paint. remember no metal inside the oven will stand the waves created inside the oven the spark u see is the waves hitting the exposed metal part inside the oven

Oct 13, 2009 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven

2 Answers

The paint has started to peel off inside my microwave!

NO. The insides are baked on powder coat. If you paint it, you might as well throw it away. The paint can catch fire, even after it is dry.

Aug 07, 2009 | Electrolux Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Interior paint from inside the microwave is falling off, probably into our food. So far, about a quarter-size area. What can be done, and is GE addressing this post-warranty?

nothing can be done except rub it down with sand paper and have it re powder coated,more expensive than a new microwave....its the steam that has caused it,such as baked potatoes,stews and soups....hope i helped

Aug 02, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Microwave Oven replacing plastic film on inside of door

FSP stands for "Factory Service Parts" which I believe was originally terminology from Amana, which now (along with several other brands such as Electrolux, Frigidaire, Jenn-Air, Kitchen Aid, Litton, Roper, and Whirlpool) is now under the Maytag umbrella.

Confusing, eh??

Hopefully the new one will have adhesive included. If not, then you'll have two sheets to use to get it right.

In that case, I'd probably recommend the spray-on type adhesive you can find at hardware stores or big box stores such as Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's etc. It will probably be made by 3M.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you need more help.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller, AS-EET

May 20, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Daewoo KOC-925T Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

629 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Daewoo Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8803 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

4722 Answers

Are you a Daewoo Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides