Linksys WRT160N PROBLEM... PLEASE HELP...
Some time what happer router will start blocking the data , in that case what you have to do is that you need to reconfigure the linksys router . First press the reset button for 30 sec , then remove the power for 30 sec and now your router is ready to reconfigure with your setup disk .
if you dont have the setup disk , i am pasting some router reconfiguration steps and i am sure that will help you out .
Please Double Click on the Internet Explorer and on the Address bar,
type in 192.168.1.1 and Press Enter.
Leave the Username blank and type "admin" in the password.
Configure Wireless Settings:
1. Please click on Wireless tab on the router's setup page.
2. Make sure that the Wireless Network Mode is set to Mixed.
3. Change the Wireless Network Name or the SSID from Linksys into your name.
4. For the Wireless Channel, please change it from 6 to 11.
5. Enable the Wireless SSID Broadcast
6. After that, please click on the Save Settings button.
Apply Security Encryption
1. When the router's setup page appears, please click on the "Wireless" tab.
2. When the Wireless area appears, click on the "Wireless Security" sub tab.
3. When the Wireless Security area appears, Change the Mode to WPA personal.
4. Enter the password of your choice in the WPA shared key (it should be minimum 8 characters) and then save the settings.
1. Under Basic Setup tab and set the "Internet Connection Type" to
Automatic-DHCP. After that, please save the settings.
2. Click on the the MAC Address Clone sub tab.
3. In the “MAC Clone” section, set the option to Enable.
4. Click on the Clone Your PC’s MAC button.
5. After that, please save the settings.
1. Unplug the router’s power cable.
2. Unplug the Broadband modem’s power cable.
3. Wait for 30 seconds.
4. Plug in the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for its
lights to stop blinking.
5. Plug in the router's power cable once the modem’s lights stop
6. Finally, Test the Internet connection.
Apr 11, 2009 |
Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router