Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Hi There !!
Thank you for choosing Fixya.com
To share the printer, I opened the Printers and Faxes folder on the computer that was connected to my printer.
To open the Printers and Faxes folder
• Click Start and then click Control Panel.
• Click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Printers and Faxes.
• In the Printers and Faxes folder, I clicked the printer's icon and, in the tasks pane, I clicked Share This Printer.
• I opened the printer's Properties dialog box, and clicked on the Sharing tab.
• I clicked Share Name, and then clicked OK.
That's it—the printer was immediately available for other computers to use.
Now that I had a network printer, I was ready to connect to it and print from other computers on the network.
To connect to the printer
• I opened Control Panel, and clicked Printers and Other Hardware.
• I clicked Add a Printer.
• Instead of adding a local printer, though, I clicked Printer Connection and then browsed the network for the printer.
The whole process took less than a minute before I was printing to the network printer as though it was connected to the computer.
Hope this would help !
Posted on Sep 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 15, 2012 | Archos 101 Internet Tablet Notebook
Aug 11, 2010 | Lexmark X5650 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER
Apr 23, 2009 | Canon i9900 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 08, 2009 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
Dec 22, 2008 | Lexmark E120n Laser Printer
Dec 07, 2008 | HP Computers & Internet
Aug 16, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
May 30, 2008 | Epson RX620 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
Nov 29, 2007 | Samsung ML 4600 Laser Printer
Oct 17, 2007 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!