Question about RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
My phone keeps restarting and displaying JUM error 102.....all my pictures are gone and some of my settings, i.e. screen saver (picture) are changed....does anyone know what this means and how to fix it? thanks,
1. According to rim, the jvm 102 error is caused by a hardware issue....(a suspected 3rd party chip in the ptn)....simply loading hh software is a temp fix. it WILL reoccur again and again, sometimes in only days.
take it to service and repair, once verified that this is the jvm 102 error, they (the s&r dealer) are supposed to give you a refurbished or new ptn. if they have to ship one to you it is supposed to ship within 24 hours. they are also supposed to waive the normal exchange fee of $45.
if they dont do this, call bb supprt from the store and the rep from tier 2 will talk to the dealer and set him straight for you....
2. To fix this error, you will have to simply plug your BB into your PC and run the application loader.
If it is asking you for a password, the old user may have set this via security settings. If you do not know the password, entering it 10 times incorrectly with reset the BB to factory defaults
Posted on Sep 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: hi i have a blackberry
you have to reinstall the OS!
. Goto http://www.blackberry.com/support/index.shtml
2. Under the heading "downloads" select "service packs"
3. Select "Blackberry Desktop Software 4.1" in the pulldown menu
4. Choose service pack 1 (English) or service pack 1 (multilingual) if required
5. Now download this to your pc and run the installation
Now you need to download the firmware upgrade to support your handset.
Select your network from the list below to be taken to their firmware page then choose the newest firmware version for your model :
Nextel : Downloads Page Verizon Broadband Access 4.0.2 : Downloads Page Telus : Downloads Page Orange : Downloads Page Bell Mobility : Downloads Page Vodafone UK : Downloads Page Sprint : Downloads Page Vodafone Ireland : Downloads Page Verizon : Downloads Page Vodafone Australia & Fiji : Downloads Page Cingular / AT&T : Downloads Page Vodafone New Zealand : Downloads Page T-Mobile : Downloads Page Cable and Wireless : Downloads Page Rogers : Downloads Page Dobson Cellular / Cellular One : Downloads Page Telstra Australia : Downloads Page SunCom Wireless : Downloads Page Hong Kong CSL : Downloads Page Optus Mobile Pty Limited : Downloads Page Bharti Tele-Ventures Limited : Downloads Page KPN Netherlands : Downloads Page O2 Ireland : Downloads Page O2 Europe : Downloads Page
6. Start the Blacberry desktop manager and plug in your blackberry.
7. Desktop manager will prompt you that there is a new version
8. Proceed with the install
9. Make sure you select the backup option
10. Once your upgrade is complete, your Blackberry will take around 5 minutes to reboot.
11. Now you can proceed to unlock your phone
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 01, 2012 | ZTE Cell Phones
Oct 31, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry 8820 Smartphone
Oct 31, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 11, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jul 21, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone
Jan 14, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone
Jan 14, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Bold Smartphone
Sep 15, 2009 | RIM Blackberry 8110 Cellular Phone
7,054 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!