Question about GE JVM1630 Microwave Oven
This was not happening for a long time and all of a sudden it started doing this. It blows the whole circuit in the kitchen. I noticed that the when it was running the power seemed to go up and down.
I have shut the microwave down until a solution is found.
My e-mail number is email@example.com
I sent you private e-mail.
Door switches or problems with wiring or the breaker, or something esle on the same breaker (a "no no") are the most likely problems.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Dec 09, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2017 | GE Microwave Ovens
Sep 21, 2016 | GE Microwave Ovens
Oct 02, 2014 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 on high resistance range for short circuit, the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
Jan 01, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens
Jun 19, 2010 | GE JVM1441 Microwave Oven
Nov 28, 2009 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Sep 13, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 14, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.
Microwave can be very dangerous so it is best to have it looked by a professional
Would appreciate a solved rating for expert advise.
Oct 16, 2007 | GE JE1590 Convection / Microwave Oven
127 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!