Question about Goldstar MV-1526 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Fiber plate inside microwave burned out- Sugges Alternative

The sparking inside the microwave food placement chamber caused the fiber plate burned with hole in it. Cannot get the same sized fiber plate in the market. Suggest alternative

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 68 Answers

I had the same problem several years ago. I took it out and just left a hole. No problems yet.

Posted on Sep 07, 2009

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Massive sparking and noisy when switched on to heat


Hi,
There are 2 things that cause the massive sparking:
1. you placed inside the microwave oven a metal plate or one with silvery or golden drawings;
2. the mica sheet that covers the magnetron window is compromised (has holes, it is cracked) or it is covered with burnt (carbonised) food.
You have to carefully inspect the mica sheet and wash or replace it, if necessary. Hope that helps.
Regards,
Dan

Oct 10, 2016 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Plastic shield card is burning up!


Hi there
It is called the waveguide ocover and is made from polycarbonate

Feb 29, 2008 | Welbilt MR99T Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Why does my Microwave spark


That normally occurs when there is metal inside this is assuming it is coming from the inside of the cooking chamber. There should not be any metal in there as it causes a short and will burn up the magnatron in a retaliative short time.

Nov 18, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

MAYTAG MICROWAVE OVEN ARCING FOOD ON PLATE, HEATS EXTREMLY FAST. PUT BABY FOOD (SWEET POTATOES ON A PLATE AND WITHIN 5 SECS THE FOODS BEGINGS TO ARC AND BURN


The magnetron is getting to hot and will eventually fail, especially when it is arcing, "a safety issue convern" the cause is the part mentioned above, or there is exposed metal on the inside cavity.

May 07, 2012 | Maytag 1.6 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

Sparks are coming from behind the little revovable plate inside the oven.


these covers are made of a mica material; and tend to get grease-soaked from food splatter. this is where the microwaves pass through. if cover is burned, you will need to replace and clean greasy mess underneath. hopefully, the magnetron is not damaged.

Aug 06, 2011 | Jenn-Air JMC9158AA Convection Microwave...

1 Answer

What is the cardboard (silver) for inside the microwave, our got dirty and my husband threw away, Is microwave still good?


The ALLUMINIUM FIBER PANEL is to prevent microwaves to erradiate whatever is on the other side, so YES it is essential, and YES the oven will worke (BUT FOR HOW LONG ???) that is the question... you should replace the panel (unless the oven is old and you were planning to replace it) in that case, use it until it dies...

When food soils the inside of any oven it must be cleaned immediately, if the food is left without cleaning it will degrade the inside coating (special paint) and expose the metal thus reflecting microwaves in the magnetron and damage to the magnetron will occure...

Cheers!

Jul 16, 2011 | Emerson MW8991SB Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sparkscome from food (no metal involved) and heating VERY quickly!


Arcing in or above oven chamberThere is often a simple cause:


  • Arcing in the oven chamber with a normal load (a cup of water, for example), often just indicates that a thorough cleaning of the oven chamber is needed, particularly around and inside/above the waveguide cover. Any food that gets trapped here will eventually burn and carbonize resulting in a focal point for further arcing. Usually, the waveguide cover is designed to be removable without taking the (cabinet) cover off of the oven. However, burnt food and carbon often make this difficult so that some disassembly will be required. See the sections: "SAFETY" and "Getting inside a microwave oven".
for more information see "Arcing in or above oven chamber" section of online Microwave Repair Manual.
If the microwave is clean, please post a reply and I will look at it again (this time include a model # and/or approx manufacture date)

Oct 21, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The silver fiberglass plate on the right side of the inside of my microwave has gotten a hole in it, causing the microwave to spark. Is it possible to replace this part? I have had the microwave less than...


yes you can buy a sheet and cut it to size-just ensure that any bare metal inside the microwave caused by the sparking isrubbed down and painted with two coats of ,hammerite metal paint otherwise its back to square one

Feb 25, 2010 | Emerson MW8107WA Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Getting sparks when in use Whirlpool GT4185SKB. This was made in 2003. What is the problem? If not possible to repair, is it still available new? Thanks.


If your microwave has a turntable its probably just burnt food inside or above the oven chamber that has carbonized. If it doesn't have a turntable its possible the stirrer above the oven chamber is stuck and not moving the microwaves around, therefore causing over heating and arcing. It also could be that the stirrer blades are hitting inside. Hope this helps

Feb 21, 2010 | Whirlpool GT4185SK Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Heating up a heat pack has caused the small


The plate MIGHT cover the waveguide that brings the microwave energy into the cooking cavity, This might be say an inch by two or three inches.

IF the plate has burned or discolored, then it may be carbonized and will continue to absorb the microwave energy and MAY cach fire.

You should service the unit and replace the part.

Running the microwave with too small a load in it can cause this and also if hot food/object touches the plate.

Nov 13, 2009 | Emerson Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Goldstar MV-1526 Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

368 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Goldstar Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

SHARCNET-USA
SHARCNET-USA

Level 3 Expert

2130 Answers

Are you a Goldstar Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...