Laser Jet 2420d. Error code 49. What is it? How do I fix it?
This is a firmware error and this error is usually caused by a bad formatter board.To troubleshoot this issue here are some steps that you can try .
1. Press CANCEL JOB to clear the print job from the printer memory.
2. Turn the printer off, and then turn the printer on.
3. Try printing a job from a different software application. If the job prints, go back to the first application and try printing a different file. (If the message only appears with a certain software application or print job, contact the software vendor for assistance.)
4. If the message persists with different software applications and print jobs, disconnect all cables to the printer that connect it to the network or printer. 5. Turn the printer off.
6. Remove all memory DIMMs or third-party DIMMs from the printer. (Do not remove the firmware DIMM in the lowest DIMM slot.)
7. Remove all EIO devices from the printer. 8. Turn the printer on.
9. If the error no longer exists, install each DIMM and EIO device one at a time, making sure to turn the printer off and back on as you install each device.
10. Replace a DIMM or EIO device if you determine that it causes the error.
11. Remember to reconnect all cables that connect the printer to the network or computer.
12. If the error persists, replace the firmware DIMM. 13. Replace the formatter.
all the best
Jun 02, 2010 |
HP LaserJet 2420dn Printer