An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: No power to microwave?
The cord may be defective either 1) at the plug end, 2) internally inside your microwave, or 3) inside the cord itself.
Otherwise there may be an internal fuse that has blown due to a surge, etc.
It is not so difficult to check. Open the rear cover of the unit, and check for an in-line fuse. If there isn't one, or if it's okay, then use a tester to confirm if power is getting to the unit by placing the probes on on both positive and negative contacts. If you don't have a tester, you can use a basic unit (a light with 2 wires/probes) that Home Depot has in the electrical department for a couple of bucks.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unplug your microwave and turn it around and remove the screws holding cover on and then remove the cover. Look for where the power cord goes into the back of the unit and follow the black wire from the cord to where it ends. It should stop an either a circuit board or a fuse holder. Make sure that you replace the fuse with the same amperage fuse as what you take out. You will find the amp rating stamped on one of the silver collars on each end of the fuse. Good luck!
Your microwave should be on a 20 amp dedicated circuit. Often people add these later after initial construction and do not have an isolated circuit for it. If you have this on a circuit with other outlets or possibly the refrigerator, this can cause the circuit overload and trip your breaker. Try running an extension cord from another circuit that is not being used such as outlets, but not GFI outlets! and see if your microwave operates then. If not you have an internal issue with the microwave and it could be a defective Magnetron or doorswitch assy causing the problem.
1= reset the c.breaker from your home see if are tripped and reset. 2= open for thermal fuse open, test continuity with DVOM OR VOM and replace. 3) test the power cord for open or broken or break. 4= check the switch for door maybe is open must be continuity until 0 , or swtich defective see the diagram attached. God bless you
Check whether there is a proper power supply. Look to see whether the cord is connected to a grounded 3-prong outlet and the cord is fully plugged in. If the electrical system is built-in and no power cord is visible, replace or reset the household fuse or circuit breaker.
Some basic microwave operational steps may affect whether the microwave is heating. Open and close the microwave door, as the unit will not function with the door open, and push "Stop/Clear" to cancel any previous settings, such as the timer, which do not heat the microwave oven.
Setting the Microwave
Once the power to the microwave has been reset, or verified as working, and the microwave is ready to run, select a new cook cycle and press "Start" to see if the microwave begins to run and cook food as expected. Allow the food to cook for the alloted time and then open the microwave door and check to see if the food has cooked or heated. Choose a longer cooking time and restart the microwave if food is heating but is cooking slowly.
If all efforts to troubleshoot the function and power to the microwave still do not get the appliance heating food as expected, there may be a repair issue that needs to be addressed. Contact professional technician for advice.
Verify that the power cord is properly connected the outlet; the plug might have been removed to make way for another appliance. Do not connect the microwave to an outlet via an extension cord or plug adapter; the oven must be directly connected to an outlet. Switch the Outlet on
Turn the outlet on, if possible, using the switch on the wall behind the counter or on the plug itself. Some microwaves have a separate power switch that must be in the correct position before you can begin cooking. Reset the Oven
Unplug the oven, wait a few seconds and reconnect the power. A power surge could have temporarily rendered the oven inoperable. The oven should start up as normal when you connect the plug to the outlet. Check the Fuses and Breakers
See that the fuse or breaker protecting the oven's circuit is still active. Replace the fuse if it has blown, or reset the breaker to restore power to the oven. Stop using the microwave if it repeatedly blows fuses or trips breakers.
Make sure that the microwave is plugged into a grounded outlet. It must be a 3-prong outlet.
Make sure the clock is set.
Check to see if a programming sequence was entered.
Sometimes improper programming or a program sequence such as delay
start can cause the touch panel to be non-responsive. Unplug microwave
or turn off house circuit breaker for 30 seconds. Plug back in, or
reset circuit breaker, and try reprogramming unit.
Check the house circuit breaker or fuse box. If the microwave is DEAD and there is no display and nothing works- the problem could be a blown fuse or tripped breaker.
Check the outlet it is plugged into. Remove the microwave plug. If you don't have a voltage meter handly to test the voltage at the outlet or the continuity of the microwave plug, I would suggest you plug in a lamp from your living room into the outlet. If it doesn't work, either the outlet is a tripped (GFIC) Ground Fault Interuption Circuit outlet or the circuit breaker tripped in your electrical panel box or the microwave cord is damaged and caused a short and blew the fuse. To check these I would try plugging the light in and press the red reset button located on the wall outlet or flip tripped circuit breaker in panel. If it's a damaged cord or fuse, you can visit this web site for Sears parts www.searspartsdirect.com If you found any of these suggestions helpful, please rate my solutions. Thanks D. Lange