remove clock spring in steering wheel.
step 1 , disconnect battery minus lug.
then defeat air bags as the FSM book directs,(or great danger waits)
Battery disonn.folly 110. "under collateral damage"
Whenever the negative battery cable is disconnected the following components will require resetting. The Idle Air Volume Learning, Steering Angle Sensor Neutral Position, Sunroof Memory Reset/Initialization, Automatic Drive Positioner System, Audio presets and Navigation. Use the CONSULT-III diagnostic tool, or equivalent to perform the required resets. As necessary, refer to Battery Reconnect/Relearn Procedures.
he automatic back door system, if equipped, must be initialized anytime the battery has been disconnected. Close the back door. Open the back door with the automatic open feature. Do not stop the process until the back door opens completely.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. (wait 30min)
- Disconnect the positive battery cable.
- Set the front wheels in the straight-ahead position.
- Remove the air bag module.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the column cover upper and lower.
- Disconnect wiper and washer switch connector. Then while pressing tabs, pull wiper and washer switch away from spiral cable to remove.
Disconnect lighting and turn signal switch connector. Then while pressing tabs, pull lighting and turn signal switch toward driver door to remove.
- Remove the screws. Then while pressing the tab, pull the spiral cable away from steering column assembly.
Do not disassemble spiral cable. Do not apply lubricant to the spiral cable.
- Disconnect the spiral cable connectors.
With the steering linkage disconnected, the spiral cable may snap by turning the steering wheel beyond the limited number of turns. The spiral cable can be turned counterclock
wise about 2.5 turns from the neutral position.
to install, read the FSM book
or login to alldata.com
the cars steering angle is lost in the process.
steering angle sensor calibration after installing spiral cable.