Question about Computers & Internet
This has become so easy over the years to the point you would not believe.
1. Right click on Computer and click on Manage.
2. Click on Disk Management
3. Right click on the drive you wan to split and hit shrink.
4. With the extra space format the space into a drive.
5. Place the windows XP cd in the drive and install XP (or your desired OS) to that drive.
5.5 If installing Ubtntu, just make one extra drive and let it split the drives up for you.
There is one last step. There is a possibility that after installing xp or linux that your Vista will not be in the boot manager.
6. Pop in the windows vista cd, boot the pc off the cd, After the cd boots up click on the fix button. The fix utility will take care of the system files that enable you to choose which os to load when the pc is turned on.
6.5 You may also want to install a boot manger. No need to pay for one, all of the free ones work if they are on download.com
Posted on Jan 12, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2013 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium...
May 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 03, 2011 | Internet Allume Systems Cleanup 4.0 Full...
Dec 19, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 13, 2010 | Ahead Software Nero 6.0 (60045) for PC
Aug 13, 2009 | HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
160 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!