Question about PC Laptops
This has become so easy over the years to the point you would not believe.
1. Right click on Computer and click on Manage.
2. Click on Disk Management
3. Right click on the drive you wan to split and hit shrink.
4. With the extra space format the space into a drive.
5. Place the windows XP cd in the drive and install XP (or your desired OS) to that drive.
5.5 If installing Ubtntu, just make one extra drive and let it split the drives up for you.
There is one last step. There is a possibility that after installing xp or linux that your Vista will not be in the boot manager.
6. Pop in the windows vista cd, boot the pc off the cd, After the cd boots up click on the fix button. The fix utility will take care of the system files that enable you to choose which os to load when the pc is turned on.
6.5 You may also want to install a boot manger. No need to pay for one, all of the free ones work if they are on download.com
Posted on Jan 12, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 25, 2014 | Sony VAIO VPCyB13KXS AMD DualCore...
Nov 23, 2012 | PC Laptops
Mar 22, 2011 | IBM PC Laptops
Jan 18, 2010 | PC Laptops
Aug 25, 2008 | Compaq Laptop
Oct 24, 2016 | PC Laptops
159 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!