Question about Samsung DVD-HR720 DVD Recorder
Hi we have tried to make our dvd player multi region and now it wont play any disks at all. it incorporates a hdd which is unaffected and works ok can you help please than you .
On page 45 of the user manual it says this:
Both the HDD & DVD RECORDER and the discs are coded
by region. These regional codes must match in order for the
disc to play. If the codes do not match, the disc will not play.
The Region Number for this HDD & DVD RECORDER is
described on the rear panel of the HDD & DVD RECORDER
If you changed the region codes on your player it will not work. They should be set back to 1 or whatever your model says on the back of the unit.
If this unit was purchased outside the United States, it may not work in the United States.
Here is a copy of the manual if you need it:
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
Regional codes for samsung sh853m
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE SAMSUNG DVD HR730 MESSAGE SAYS CANNOT PLAY OR RECORD
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2016 | Samsung Bd-F5500 3D Network Blu-Ray And...
Jan 22, 2011 | Samsung DVD-VR375 DVD Recorder/VCR
As I live in Kazakhstan my BD-C7500 is locked to DVD region 5. Just use the codes at the end of this tutorial for your own DVD region.
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player on.
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.
4. Press the REPEAT button - just above the TV channel selector at the bottom right of the controller - and enter 5 6 7 3 2 on the number pad.
5. The region code "3" should appear at the top left corner of the screen.
6. Quickly enter a "9" to make the player region free. (Just try pressing 9 on the remote controller until you see 9 appear in the upper left corner of your TV screen.)
7. Open and close the disc tray. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.
For people from other parts of the world, all region codes are as follows
1 - 2 9 3 3 4
2 - 5 7 5 3 8
3 - 5 6 7 3 2
4 - 7 6 8 8 4
5 - 5 3 8 1 4
Jan 12, 2011 | Samsung BluRay Disc Player BDC7500 BluRay...
Sep 10, 2009 | Samsung DVDR120 DVD Recorder
Jun 12, 2009 | LG RC897T DVD Recorder/VCR Combo
Jan 30, 2009 | Panasonic DMR-EZ47V DVD Recorder/VCR
Oct 18, 2008 | Samsung DVD-R155
Sep 27, 2008 | Samsung DVD-HR734 DVD/HDD Recorder
Feb 09, 2008 | Samsung DVD-HR735 DVD Recorder/HDD...
Feb 03, 2012 | Samsung DVD-HR720 DVD Recorder
671 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!