Question about Car Audio & Video
1. turn ignition on (dash warning lights on)
2. If radio turned on, turn it off.
3. Press AS button in, and hold it in while turning radio on.
4. Wait approx 10 seconds (do not release AS button).
5. Radio should beep, and display should now read 10 - - - - (assuming no tries have been made in the past with the wrong code)
6. use pre-set button "1" to scroll the first digit in the display to the number you want (it goes 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 then back to 0)
7. Use pre-set "2" for second digit, etc.
8. Once display reads 10 followed by the four digit security code press and hold AS button for about 10 seconds, until the radio beeps.
9. If correct code entered display will now read "code" briefly, followed by"memory-U" briefly, then radio will reprogram it self.
10. If radio goes back to "safe" the code number is incorrect, or you mis-keyed it.
Note: entering the code incorrectly 10 times will render the radio useless.
After the first 3 tries you need to leave the radio on and the ignition on for increasingly long periods of time before it will let you try again. 7 safe need you to wait at least 30 mins, and more like 1 hour.
WARNING - you only have a max of 10 attempts to get it right, but if still no luck after the 8th attempt, STOP and contact a Vaux dealer.
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
I have lost the radio code for the vauxhall astravan serial number GM020041106383 can you help
Posted on Mar 19, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2015 | Car Audio & Video
May 09, 2017 | Vauxhall Cars & Trucks
Dec 04, 2012 | Car Audio & Video
Aug 20, 2011 | Car Audio & Video
Oct 23, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
Oct 17, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
Jul 13, 2009 | 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
May 29, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Feb 27, 2009 | 1994 Volkswagen Golf
6,298 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!