Question about Seagate FreeAgent Go 250 GB USB 2.0 Hard Drive
Try formating it and use the volume format of MacOS Extented Journaled. If your planning to use it only for a Mac Computer.
If you are planning to use it with windows and Mac try formatting it in you mac and use the volume format of MS DOS.
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems similar steps may be adapted to suit but these issies also refer to macs and linux too !
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especialy true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Apr 12, 2012 | Samsung M2 PORTABLE 320GB USB20 HARD DRIVE...
Jun 05, 2011 | Transcend StoreJet 2.5 (TS120GSJ25T) 120...
Apr 04, 2011 | Seagate FreeAgent Go 250 GB USB 2.0 Hard...
Feb 05, 2011 | Iomega 1.5TB Desktop USB Hard Drive
Jan 15, 2011 | Seagate 500GB USB 20 5400RPM Portable 500...
Dec 13, 2010 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro Desktop - 320GB -...
Apr 27, 2009 | Maxtor Basics Personal Storage 3200 Hard...
Mar 30, 2009 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro - 500GB, 7200 RPM,...
Feb 25, 2009 | Seagate Free Agent Go Small 12 GB USB...
87 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: