Question about Maytag MAH8700A Front Load Washer

1 Answer

How do you get to the pump

You talk about looking at the pump. Do you have to take the back off?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 304 Answers

Yes, the drain pump is accessed from the rear. The link below will allow you to download the service manual for a similar machine. Page 35 refers to pump servicing. Good Luck

MAH9700 Service Manual

Posted on Sep 06, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Does the fuel pump have its own fuse?

I did look it up on autozone library its all free and no spam , just log in and list your vehicle, and go to repair guide, then go to repair help then to fuel system ,now look to left and click on (gas fuel injection system ,you'll see what im talking about , there is also a fuel pump module and other things that govern it. good lugk I hope this helped you. ,I think its worth you time to look at and see for yourself .

Mar 03, 2015 | 2006 Ford Freestar

1 Answer

I have a hotpoint dishwasher that wouldn't drain water. I have opened the bottom up and looked at the pump which had a piece of china blocking the propeller. This was removed and the pump refitted, however...

Lisa, talk to a friendly neighbour with DIY skills. Go online and find the best price for a new pump, weigh that up against a new machine plus a cup of coffee for your neighbour. If that fails get an appliance engineer for a quote, bearing in mind he will charge you full retail for a pump plus fitting. When you go online or talk to an engineer have all the machine detail off the label on the back ready to hand. You don't say where you are or give machine details so I can't help you further at this time.

Sep 20, 2014 | Dishwashers

1 Answer

Water pump gasket

If you are talking about one you purchased return it and look at another one. If you are looking for one on the engine they may have used liquid gasket.

Aug 08, 2014 | Gates Tckwp307 Engine Timing Belt Kit with...

1 Answer

Where is the power steering located on my 1999 buick regal ls?

if your talking about the pump look for the resovoir it is attach to it if your talking about the rack and pinion steering if you turn the wheel one way and look behind the wheel you will see a little skinny rod that is to the spindle and goes from one wheel to the next

Sep 24, 2012 | 1999 Buick Regal

1 Answer

Ranger vr 9000 how to turn down the talkback

First , is this radio new or used ? If it is new I see no dial for talk back and if it is used then was talk back added to it ? Open the radio so you can check out trace side of the radio and look to where the speaker jacks plug in. If you see a resister soldered across them then disconnect it and your talk back is gone,unless you still want it then solder a 220 ohm resister in place of the one you removed. if the radio is out of the box new then it should be adjustable but as I look at the face I see no knob marked as talk back.If you ordered this radio and asked for talk back on a seperate switch then which one ? look at it and make the call as to which wires to cut and do it .

Feb 25, 2012 | Ranger VR-9000 Base CB Radio

1 Answer

How do you get the front plastic parts parts off of a pump to be replaced

You might be talking about disconnecting the plastic pipes. I would take a saw and cut the
pipes where there is enough free space to install plastic unions.

Or you might be talking about leaving the pump body in place, and removing the motor
with the impeller. There should be four stainless bolts holding the motor to the pump body.
Remove the four bolts and slide the motor back..

Hope this helps !!

Oct 28, 2010 | AO Smith SQ1152 Pool Pump Motor

1 Answer

Need to know about a fuel switch in a 2004 s type jaguar

the only switch i can think you are talking about is an inertia switch.
It is located in passenger side just above the floor,

The S-Type fuel pump is a complicated 'returnless-system' with an
electric pump on the right side and a 'jet-pump' on the left side
to pump fuel back to the right side. The tank is a 'saddle style'
tank with a 'HUMP' in the middle where the driveshaft goes so the
right side is the side where the fuel need to be to go to the
engine. Sometimes the left jet-pump gets clogged and even if the
gauge reads some fuel level other than empty, the right side might
be empty. You can pull the rear seat cushion and some cover screws
to get to both the electric and jet-pump covers to look into the
tank sections.....

enjoy your car

Apr 01, 2010 | 2004 Jaguar S Type

2 Answers

Washer leaking when filling up tub

Unlikely to be pump, sounds more like hose leaking, or drum seal.
Depending upon severity of leak, place a sheet of newspaper under front of m/c, pushing it as far back as you can. switch m/c on for a few secs, then switch off, remove paper and you should be able to judge where leak is.
Tilt m/c back and have a look underneath.
At 12 years old, if it looks major, I think I would replace m/c.
Plz rate my solution.

Dec 31, 2008 | Maytag Dependable Care LAT9206

1 Answer

I get an error message F32.

F32 is a long drain fault code. Tip your washing machine back far enough that you don't have to hold it up. At the back of the unit there are two "things" with hoses coming out of them attached to the bottom of the outer tub. On the left is the recirculation pump, and to the right is the drain pump. Take a wet/dry vac and get as much water out as possible through the end of the drain hose, then pull the hose off the drain pump, remove the pump, and look for coins/shoelaces/whatever might be blocking it on the inside.

What make and model is your washer? This applies to Whirlpool cabrios. Just reread your message and realized that I have no idea what you're talking about. F codes are pretty common in different brands, but "32" could mean anything. All depends on what you're looking at.

Aug 24, 2008 | Washing Machines

Not finding what you are looking for?
Maytag MAH8700A Front Load Washer Logo

Related Topics:

54 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Maytag Washing Machines Experts

Bill Long

Level 3 Expert

587 Answers

John Tripp
John Tripp

Level 3 Expert

4654 Answers

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

Are you a Maytag Washing Machine Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides