Question about SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
My sandisk sansa c140 is not starting. when i switch on the sandisk i get 3 messages start, update and browsedb and hangs could u please help me out
Download this file:
This is the firmware update utility for Sanca c140 (c100 series) devices.
There is a howto.txt file included, follow the instructions.I am posting the instructions here for convenience.
1. Download the attached file and save it on the desktop.
(the player should not be attached to the computer at this point)
2. Double click the file to run it.
3. Accept the license agreement.
4. Remove the battery from the mp3 player.
5. Press and hold the center (select) button and connect it to the computer (keep holding the button, this is the firmware update mode).
6. If the New Hardware Wizard appears (now you can let go of the select button), do the following: (if asked, choose not to connect to the internet for updates), then choose to install the device automatically, then follow the prompts to finish the installation.
7. When the wizard comes up, or when the Update button becomes active (whichever happens first), you may release the select button.
8. Click the Update button, and then click OK to the message that comes up.
9. Wait until the upgrade finishes, then unplug the device.
10. Put the battery back in, and turn on the player.
11. Hopefully the update will be performed, then choose English for the language when prompted.
12. Check if the issue is resolved.
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
Posted on Jul 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 03, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Apr 07, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Jan 24, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Dec 28, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Dec 25, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Aug 15, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Mar 09, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: