Alarm light on and u051 error mx310
You’ll need to reset your printer to clear the ink counters, after resetting it’ll not display the error code again. Follow this procedure to reset the printer--
1. Power off the printer.
2. Holding the stop/reset button, press and hold power button also. Hold both buttons together for 5 secs.
3. Still holding the power button, release the stop/reset buton, then press the stop/reset button twice.
4. Release power button (the screen should now say 'Service Mode').
5. Wait until the power button lights steady green, then press the stop/reset button three times with a 3 sec space between each press. On the 3rd press the indicator should turn steady orange.
6. Press the power button once, (the orange light should go off).
7. Open the printer and remove both cartridges. Wait for 10 seconds. Replace the cartridges and close printer. Wait for 30 seconds.
8. Press the power button, and wait until printer has shut down.
9. Press power button to power up. The printer will feed one piece of paper, then ask you to set the language.
10. The page counter is now reset.
Please rate the solution & revert for further assistance.
Jul 29, 2009 |
Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer