Question about HP L1720 17 in. Flat Panel LCD Monitor
After using the monitor for more than 15-20 min it gets flikering lines.
This has nothing with the display's hardware. I thing it's because of the power supply board in the left, but the problem can't be solved only with change of the capasitors.
Has anybody any idea for this problem!
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: monitor display problem
though itz very unclear n i don't understand the moral meaning of windows going down..!!..n wat is the link of windows going down with ur monitor..
however, itz probably causing from faulty or defective smps or main/mother board..
if not probably itz causing from the monitor itself..
proceed to verify with the below stated steps, only if u r a professional..
DO IT ONLY IF U R A PROFESSIONAL..
..plz do check the following as in order:..
the Hardware part:..
1) check mains/power supply..the fuse, switch, wiring n associated circuitry..
2) [in case of desktop] thesmps itself may b defective/faulty..check the outputs of smps viz. 0v(black~ground); +12v(yellow); +5v (red, green~ps-on, violet~pg&grey~sb); -12v (blue);-5v(white); +3.3v(orange)..
check the battery n adapter [main power], in case of laptops..
replace with a standby n see..
3) unplug mains supply..pick open/remove the cmos battery..check (above +3v)..resit..
4) open the cpu n see if heat is generated..if not..replace the cpu n see..
5) open the CPU Heat-Sink with fan out of thesocket..put some "Heat Sink Compound" (available in local electronicschip level spare market)between the cpu/processor and the CPU Heat Sink*** fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..
6) on main/motherboard..see with a debug card for mb error..may b short..look fordefective capacitors(espabove1000mfd)/mosfets..go through the mb'ssouth bridge n the circuit lie around atx connector..the crystal clockgenerator (if cpu isn't heating up)..
replace with a standby n see..
7)seeif the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or oxideformed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a standbyn see..
8)remove/clean dustneatly..dust is non-uniform in nature n may causejam/short circuitry/excess resistance n many more..resulting an increasein heat..
9) if all above fails..just try to service the monitor..open and re-sould all the dry soulderings..itz probably is causing due to ur monitor's internal circuit dry-soulds..esp. at the crt base n around the horizontal output section (hot)..
the Software part:..
1)hv a licensed and UPDATEDantivirus installed (i prefer avg/kaspersky,remember, without updationa full version antivirus is useless)..
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'removeall the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find whatto remove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in eachn every tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
6)disable the following:..
a)'Automatically Restart'right click on my computer->properties->advanced->startupn recovery->(un check on the) Automatically Restart;
b)'Error Reporting'right click onmy computer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disableerror reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify me when critical erroroccur'..
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
if u r not a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
dlquadt698, possible failure of inverter electronic "ballast" circuit??? Try here if you havent already done so. http://www.lesliewong.us/blog/2005/05/02/hp-pavilion-f1703-flat-panel-display-blackout-solution/ might be of some help. 12fixlouie
Posted on May 20, 2010
SOURCE: hp monitor L1502 is dead,
Look for bad caps as shown in my pictures here first, Basic LCD monitor troubleshooting guide: Failed TV, Monitors, Caps : http://s807.photobucket.com/home/budm/allalbums
Basic LCD monitor troubleshooting guide:
Failed TV, Monitors, Caps : http://s807.photobucket.com/home/budm/allalbums
Posted on Nov 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2012 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
Sep 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 05, 2010 | Apple Cinema HD 30" LCD Monitor
Jan 09, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Oct 09, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 10, 2009 | Westinghouse 22" Widescreen LCD Flat Panel...
Mar 05, 2009 | Samsung SyncMaster 540N 15" LCD Monitor
May 12, 2008 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
Dec 02, 2007 | Dell M781S Monitor
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: