Question about Computers & Internet
Hmmm.... mainly you have:
-20 or 24-pins connector, that is unique and goes directly to motherboard (powers motherboard and its components)
-4 or 8-pins connector that powers CPU
-the rest would be connectors for ROM (CD/DVD/BlueRay) and HDD devices (there are: molex and sata power conectors)
If you totaly unshure, there is manual:
Illustrated How to Replace an ATX Power Supply
Posted on Sep 05, 2009
1) Insert 20/24 Pin Power supply cable from SMPS in the 20/24 pin Female slot generally on right hand side to RAM.
2) Insert 4 Pin Cable from SMPS in 4 Pin Female slot generally near CPU.
3) Insert 3 Pin cable from cooling CPU Fan near available slot from CPU.
4) Insert IDE Data cable in IDE1 slot connecting to HDD
5) Insert IDE Data cable in IDE2 slot connecting to CDROM
6) If SATA select first slot from top to connect HDD and bottom slot to DVD ROM
7) Insert FDD Data Cable in FDD slot to connect FDD.
8) Insert 4 Pin Power cable for IDE from SMPS in HDD and CDROM, ensure Red color will be in parallel with Data cable.
9) Insert SATA power cable from SMPS in HDD.
10) Connect power cable from additional cooling FAN with SMPS 4 Pin power cable.
11) Check pin connectors near CMOS Battery, insert power switch, reset, power led, HDD led, speaker cables coming from cabinet as indicated on Motherboard.
Any query pls. revert.
Posted on Sep 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 15, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 29, 2013 | Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
Oct 10, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jul 12, 2011 | Cell Phones
Feb 18, 2011 | Philips Computers & Internet
Jan 01, 2011 | HP Compaq Presario SR1720NX (EL435AA) PC...
Nov 22, 2010 | HP Vectra VL420 PC Desktop
Sep 23, 2009 | E-Machines (T2824) PC Desktop
Jul 08, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 28, 2007 | Computers & Internet
315 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: