When I attempt to scan my printer display reads "downloading application list" - then reads "cannot retrieve application list. Using defaults" and I can take no action after that. How do I scan these photos onto my computer?
when I try to scan the printer says downloading application list. Then it says can not retrieve application list. I am using Lexmark X5070. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, I have unpluged the unit from the wall, I have unpluged the unit from the back and waited 30 seconds.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, Try the following link http://bit.ly/aLz1xL. You will find specific instructions on how to reset your device and fix the retrieve app list error. Another option is to completely remove the printer and the Lexmark software and then restart the PC, download the driver from the Lexmark.com website and install it, that has helped me before resolve this problem.
Make sure that the Lexmark Imaging Studio program is running. This was installed when you set up your printer. If you see the multi-colored icon in your task bar for Lexmark Imaging Studio then try pressing the scan mode button twice. You should be able to scan then.
Problem: Lexmark cannot retrieve applications list
I have the Lexmark X3550 with the WiFi option board installed (makes it same as the model X4550) and get the “cannot retrieve applications list” message on one of the five computers connected to my router (Linlsys WRT54G V8) and using wireless printing and scanning. Just like everyone else with a similar Lexmark WiFi printer/scanner, I can print wireless, but cannot get the wireless scanner to work on one of my PCs.
The fix, in my case, was to change the Lexmark network name as follows.
1. Launch Lexmark Imaging Studio.
2. Right-Click on “View or change network settings”.
3. Enter a new network name in the first box shown. (This box contained the correct network name for my PC, but another name was needed to make the scanner work. I simply added “-lex” at the end of the current network name.)
4. Right-Click OK. You should return to the Imaging Studio screen.
5. Close the Lexmark Imaging Studio window. (The tray icon should remain at the screen lower right.)
6. On the printer, press the Scan Mode button.
7. On the printer’s display screen, select the Computer Name that you entered for the new network name. Just use the arrow buttons until the exact name is shown.
8. Press the Check button.The display screen should show “Downloading Applications List”. Within about 10 seconds the message should change to “ *Scan to Computer ”. Wireless scanning should now work.
9.. Press the Start Color or Start Black button.“Requesting Scan” will be shown. After a few seconds scanning will start. The process is a bit slow.
10. After a while you may see an empty small Lexmark window onscreen. Later, the Lexmark Imaging Studio will appear onscreen, then change to show many options and features. An image of the scanned item will appear in a Lexmark window. Save and/or edit the image. Another scan can be done by pressing the printer’s Check button again. Be sure the correct computer name is shown on the printer’s display.
That’s it. A new computer name was the solution. Your PC and printer may require a restart (power off) after changing the “computer name”.
Funny you just posted this yesterday and I had the same problem at the same time. (driver timb bomb?) Any way, the solution that worked for me was to:
1. Unplug the printer.
2. Uninstall the drivers.
3. Reboot the machine.
4. Go to the lexmark site and download the drivers.
5. Install the new drivers.
Everything is working great now. It is nice to have simple solutions once in a while. :)