DCP-J125 Uable to print (36)
The message Unable to Print (followed by a two character code) will appear on the display for one of the following reasons:
- Dirty encoder strip
- Foreign object, such as a paper clip or ripped piece of paper, stuck in the machine
- Mechanical malfunction
The most common cause of the issue is dirt on the encoder strip. Clean the encoder strip by doing the following:
CLEAN THE ENCODER STRIP
NOTE: The images shown below are from the representative product. The customer's model may look different from the picture.
1. Locate a lint free cloth such as a T-shirt, DRY eye glass cleaner cloth, DRY monitor cloth or wash cloth.
DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF PAPER PRODUCTS (EX: paper towel, tissue paper, napkin, filter, news paper etc.) This will help ensure the dirt is removed from the encoder strip.
CHECK FOR FOREIGN OBJECTS & PAPER JAMS
2. After thoroughly cleaning the encoder strip, look inside the machine and in the two corners for jammed paper or foreign objects and remove them if any are found. Pieces of paper may be jammed under the print head.
If the print head is locked to the right side of the machine, press and hold the STOP/EXIT key for 5 seconds. This will cause the print head to move automatically to the middle of the machine and allow you to look for debris in the right corner.
3. Leave the scanner OPEN and turn the machine around so you are looking at the back of the machine.
4. Open the Jam Clear Cover and look inside the machine for paper. Remove any jammed paper that appears; then close the Jam Clear Cover and turn the machine back around to the front.
5. Gently close the scanner cover and verify the error message cleared from the display.
If you cleaned the encoder strip ONCE and the message continues to appear on the display, clean the encoder strip again. It is common to clean the encoder strip multiple times to resolve the issue.
If you cleaned the encoder strip at least TWICE and the message continues to appear on the display, unplug the machine from the power outlet for 2 seconds and plug it back in to cycle the power.
TEST THE MACHINE
NOTE: After a paper jam has been cleared, the Brother machine may complete a 2 minute cleaning cycle to remove paper dust from the nozzles before printing.
May 01, 2012 |
Brother Office Equipment & Supplies