Question about Hansa Home

1 Answer

I have a Hansa pullout kitch faucet that leaks out of a hole in the back when faucet is shut. Is this a bad backflow preventor and how do I fix it? I can't get the spout off to access the body of the faucet.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I have a Hansa pullout kitch faucet that leaks out of a hole in the back when faucet is shut. Is this a bad backflow preventor and how do I fix it?
I can't get the spout off to access the body of the faucet.
I have the same problem. Have you had any luck?

Posted on Feb 21, 2010

  • Andrew Bugbee Jan 18, 2014

    No luck. I bailed on it. It's just a very expensive paperweight now.



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

K-12177 leaking around top

If you will make contact with George at M-One-Specialites he can track that down for you and help you get that fixed.
He has a very extensive list of repair parts for faucets.

US Parts Center

Jan 24, 2013 | Kohler K-12177-G Fairfax single-control...

1 Answer


Do you get water when you disconnect hose from the faucet? If so, perhaps plastic backflow preventor in the faucet is stuck?

May 29, 2012 | Pegasus Technologies Plumbing

2 Answers

Noisey waterpipes what is this?

It is referred to as "water hammer" It means that there is air trapped in the pipes
and causes chattering (it will also rattle loose pipes in walls). Best option is to
have a "pressure tank" installed at the water heater to reduce this. Hope this is helpful.

May 30, 2011 | Plumbing

1 Answer

I have a Koiler A112.181M or 157-076-ST kitchen faucet. On the back there is a small hole and it is leaking.. What can I do to stop the leak( A small drip) Thank You Jeff

If there is a hole on the spout itself then you should go ahead and replace th.e whole faucet. This will save you both time and money in the long run

Sep 08, 2010 | Kohler Model 10433: Fort® Single-control...

1 Answer

Water leaking from bottom part of the faucet ...not sure if the model is a 10433 Fort Single control pullout

I had a similar problem with my relatively new Forte model. I disassembled the handle, removed the retaining ring and the valve assembly. I thought at first it was the valve assembly but wasn't convinced. I continued to remove the entire faucet hub by gripping and pulling straight up. When I did, the diverter valve popped out of the back to the counter behind the sink. I cleaned all the parts up, made sure all the rings were in place, presse the diverter securely into place back in its hole, and reassembled the rest of the parts. That seemed to do the trick. I'm guessing that the diverter lost its seal and was displaced inside the hub. Hope that helps someone else.

Jul 26, 2010 | Kohler Model 10433: Fort® Single-control...

1 Answer

Kohler - Coralais Pull-Out Spray Kitchen Faucet

te leak most likely is the cartridge you need to take the handle off and there will be a lock nut under where the handle was, turn the water supply off and remove the nut the cartridge will pull staight out, cartridges can't be repaired they need to be replaced. Watch out because some cartridges cost more than what the tap is worth

Jul 12, 2010 | Kohler K-15160-7 Coralais single-control...

1 Answer

Faucet leaks at base of spray handle when water is turned on. How can I fix this leak?

most of the the pullout sprayers need a rubber washer were it meets the hose chek for cracks and replace.

Oct 31, 2009 | Price Pfister 532-7PCC Marielle Pull-Out...

1 Answer

Does the Faema D92/A-2 have a bacl flow valve on it so the steam will not back flo into the city water system

A backflow preventor is normally installed by your plumber on the inline for the machine.

Oct 30, 2009 | Faema FA60081

1 Answer

How do I disassmble a jado kitchen faucet with

you have to locate the water shut off valves before you attempt removing the water lines, hopefully they will be located on the lines under your sink, if not you will have to shut the water main off coming into the house. After you have shut the water off and disconnected the lines, look under your sink at the back were your faucet comes through the sink and you will find the fasteners, unscrew these counter clockwise and the faucet will lift out .

Sep 03, 2009 | Jado 827-850-144 Shogun Single Lever...

2 Answers

Rohl 3810 kitchen pullout faucet leaks under the sink

ouch sadly im sure it was pricy to have him out  so my suggestion would be to call him back and have him take off the price of what he charged you or have him fix it for no charge could be just need some plumbers putty around the faucet to stop a little water that may seep threw under the faucet good luck 

Mar 26, 2009 | Rohl R77V3SPN Country Pull-Out Bar Faucet...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

684 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Hansa Home Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15645 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

34767 Answers

Are you a Hansa Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides