Question about Philips Televison & Video
While changing the geometry settings in the service menu of my philips 32pw9551. The TV decided it didnt like them, and now the image shuts down within a few seconds. I suspect the vertical slope and or vertical amplitude settings to be the problem. I cant change them back without an image to delve in the service menu. Is there a hard reset possible (either mechinal or by buttons)?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
After you get to the item that needs adjusting
Write down the original setting
just in case you have to go back.
1. TV unplugged
2. Press and hold the'Vol down' and 'channel up'
3. While holding the buttons, plug in the TV.
You are now in the Adjustment mode
You will be presented with a category menu containing.
4. Use the 'Channel up'or"Channel dwn' to select the category.
note:Not all models will have 5 categories, some will jump to the 'Signal' category.
5. Use the 'Volume up' to enter the category.
6. Use Channel up and down select the item to be adjusted.
7. Write down the old value of the item before changing.
8. Volume up and down adjust the value.
9. When you have made all the adjustments you want turn the set off to exit.
Data sheets are available for most models. These sheets list a description for each
item as well as data range and typical settings for your model. If your setting is
substantially different than the sheet then you may be developing a problem. you want to go into deflection mode and look for pincushion items i.e pin amp,bow etc. AND don`t forget to write down original values
Posted on Nov 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 16, 2015 | Philips Televison & Video
1. To enter the Service Alignment Mode (SAM), press the following key sequence on the remote control transmitter: 0-6-2-5-9-6-Status.
2. From the top level SAM menu, use the Menu Up/Down keys to highlight the Geometry sub menu.
3. Use the Menu Left/Right keys to enter the Geometry sub menu.
4. In the Geometry sub-menu, use the Menu Up/Down buttons to select VAM.
5. Using the Menu Left/Right keys, adjust VSH so that the horizontal bar is properly centered, top to bottom.
6. Using the cursor up/down keys, select VAM from the Geometry sub-menu, and use the Menu Right key to
increase the value to obtain a slight overscan.
7. If other Geometry adjustments are needed, proceed to the necessary adjustment using the Menu Up/Down
8. Upon completion of Geometry adjustments, press the Menu button to return to the top level SAM menu.
9. To exit the Service Alignment Mode, turn the set off with the Power button on the remote control.
Oct 30, 2007 | Philips 19PR19 19" TV
Jan 27, 2013 | Panasonic TC-29P22R 29" TV
Apr 27, 2012 | Philips 60PW9363 60" Rear Projection...
Feb 15, 2009 | Philips 55PW9363 55" Rear Projection...
Mar 19, 2008 | Televison & Video
Oct 17, 2006 | Philips 55PW9363 55" Rear Projection...
Oct 03, 2006 | Philips 55PW9363 55" Rear Projection...
Sep 20, 2017 | Philips Televison & Video
Sep 15, 2017 | Philips Televison & Video
535 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!