Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Servise Pack 2 (e8503040) for PC
Restart your computer and keep hit 'F8'. This will give you a black screen with some advance options. From there select Select Safe mode . ( if you have internet connection then safe mode with networking)
Now follow these steps :
1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe) Start > Run > Regedit32.exe
Note : Take backup of registry :
1. File > Export > Give name as back_Today's date
2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.
7. Restart your computer.
Now your computer back in normal mode
Follow these steps also :
1. Start > run > Services.msc
2. locate Indexing service
3. Right click on service and select properties
4. Stop the service and change its type to manual
5. Quit from services
6. Again restart the computer
Now your computer will work fine and won't give you BSOD.
Posted on Sep 05, 2009
This error can occur when you connect USB devices. Remove all unecessay harware and reboot. While running Windows, Safely remove hardaware, and avoid switching around equipment. USB can be hot-plugged but you must give time to the OS to get its house in order.
Hope it helps
Posted on Sep 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
205 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: