Question about Frigidaire FEX831CS Top Load Stacked Washer/Dryer
Before offering assistance I need to know if the old belt is still on the machine and in tact. The procedure is a little different if the belt has broken.
Posted on Jan 08, 2008
No it is off
Posted on Feb 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2011 | Washing Machines
6) Rotate the motor to the right to relieve the belt tension and remove belt from motor pulley
7) After belt is removed from motor pulley, rotate motor to the left as far as possible to assure cam bar clearance.
8) The spin cam bar must be advanced to the spin position. Push up on the spin control solenoid plunger and rotate the main drive pulley until the cam bar advances to the spin position.
9) Remove the brake yoke spring from the gear case cover and yok. (see figure 2)
10) Remove completely the 3 support braces attached to the gear case and base plate. (see figure 3)
11) Remove the 2 pump mounting bolts. The pump hoses do not have to be disturbed. (see figure 3)
12) Remove the gear case mounting stud which has the spacer. remove spacer (see figure 2). Loosen the remaining 2 gear case mounting studs approximately 7 turns. (see figure 3).
13) Remove yoke retainer from yoke support. (see figure 2 for the types of yoke retainer).
14) The gear case can now be pulled down so that the belt can be slipped out between the top of of the clutch shaft and the clutch yoke. (see figure 4) and then through the space beneath the short stud; drop the belt from around the gear case.
15) Reverse the procedure in steps 15 & 13 to install the new belt.
16) Replace the pump making certain the pump lever is engaged in the notch in the agitator cam bar before securing the pump to the gear case ( see figure 5).
17) Grasp the bottom loop of the yoke spring with a pair of pliers and engage the spring with the hole in the upper gear case cover (see figure 2).
18) Replace spacer in short gear case mounting stud. Tighten the 3 gearcase mounting bolts ( finger tight only ). Next, set the machine upright and tighten the gear case mounting bolts securely. This procedure will allow the superstructure to properly align itself with the center post bearing.
19) Lay the machine on it's front to mount the 3 support braces to the gearcase baseplate. Tighten the bolts securely.
20) To adjust the belt tension properly, position the belt over the pulleys. Insert a hammer handle or some other lever between the motor mounting brackets. Rotate the motor to the left as far as it will go. Tighten the nuts holding the motor mounting bracket. Check the tension of the belt, it should deflect about 1/2 inch. (see figure 1).
21) Set machine upright. Reinstall the agitator, agitator cap, service panel, water hoses and connect electrical supply.
Mar 07, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jan 01, 2011 | Washing Machines
Mar 29, 2010 | Haier HLP21E Top Load Washer
Feb 20, 2010 | Washing Machines
Dec 09, 2009 | Washing Machines
Nov 28, 2009 | Frigidaire FWS1339A Top Load Washer
Sep 24, 2009 | Maytag Atlantis MAV9750A Top Load Washer
Oct 22, 2007 | Amana ALW480DA Top Load Washer
Oct 18, 2007 | Amana ALW480DA Top Load Washer
449 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!