Question about Toshiba SD-V291 DVD Player/VCR
L1 and L2 are to do with recording an external source or duplicating a cassette from another VCR or camcorder so it seems you have accidentally activated this feature.
First do this
1) Press VCR/DVD to select VCR mode and insert a blank cassette
2) Press the input select button and cycle to see if L1 or L2 will turn off
3) If not press record and allow the tape to run for 10 seconds or so - press stop - see if the issue is now resolved.
If not move to this procedure
1) Press VCR MENU and select TIMER REC SET then press ENTER
2) Check the lines for any sign or a program set to L1 or L2
3) If you find one use Set + or Set - to select it and press ENTER
4) Press CANCEL to cancel the program
5) Press VCR MENU twice to exit.
Finally if the issue is still not resolved do this.
1) Press VCR menu
2) Press set + or - to select "CH SETUP" then press enter.
3) Press set + or - to select TV/CATV then press enter
4) If your channels are through an antenna select TV. If through cable select CATV and press enter for either option.
5) Press VCR MENU until the screen is cleared.
Hope this helps. If so please do accept and rate my answer. If you continue to have problems post up a comment with futher details.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 04, 2013 | Philips DVP3345VB/F7 DVD Player/VCR
May 29, 2011 | Sony RDR-GX300 DVD Recorder
Jul 11, 2010 | Televison & Video
Jun 13, 2009 | Televison & Video
May 12, 2009 | Panasonic DMR-E85H DVD Recorder
Dec 02, 2008 | Sony RDR-GX300 DVD Recorder
May 18, 2008 | Televison & Video
Nov 16, 2007 | Lands Phones
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!