I have a philips 32'' (32pfl5403b/10) hdtv that won't display hdmi or av from ps3. tried it on hdmi and keep getting FORMAT NOT SUPPORTED, a/v NO SIGNAL. i e-mailed philips and they said the problem was the ps3. i have reset both ps3 and tv to factory settings and still nothing works, tried it on a samsung hdtv and it works perfect,my pc and 360 work on the philips with no problems even after updating ps3 to firmware 3.0 it still does not work. i also tried new hdmi cables (1.3b).
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: ps3 hdmi format not supported
Tries something else with a HMDI with the Phillip Tv.Like DVD player With HDMI see if it work with the TV.Narrow it down might have to use all the HMDIs inputs use.See if it all works.
Might just have one or two HMDIs shorted out put.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
HI, Do one thing While PS3 is in standby mode press and hold the power button on the frond panel of PS3 for 30 seconds (factory reset). After doing this you will get video from its composite video.
Also check the hdmi If you didnt get the video through HDMI then, PS3 out puts Full HD 1080P video through its HDMI out put. IF your tv doesn't support Full HD then it will display format not supported or Software not support. If you want to get video through HDMI then do the following. Connect the PS3 to any Full HD tv (friends or relatives) and go to its menu ,select HDMI settings. then down scale the video from 1080p to 1080i. After that connect the PS3 to your tv you will surely get the video. Ajin
PlayStation 3 (PS3) is a high-definition gaming console that supports
both standard AV connections and high-resolution connections (such as
HDMI). Most of the older Philips TVs come with a standard AV input.
Newer, flat-panel Philips TVs include standard AV inputs and
high-resolution inputs. To get the best video quality
out of your PS3, using an HDMI connection is recommended if the option
is available. The PS3 does not include an HDMI cable, only a standard AV
Connect the flat end of the PS3 AV cable into the "AV Multi Out" port on the back of the PS3.
Connect the "red," "white" and "yellow" prongs on the
opposite end of the PS3 AV cable into the corresponding "red," "white"
and "yellow" AV inputs on the TV (usually located on the side or in the
Press the "Source" button on the Philips TV remote.
Select the "AV" video display mode.
Turn on the PS3. The PS3 logo will appear on the screen.
You will need to turn on the PS3 and hook it up with rca so you can access the console menus. Turn it on and get to the main dashboard.
1. Go to Settings -> Display Settings (not video)
2. Select [ Video Output Settings ]
3. Select HDMI
4. Select Resolution
5. Select Screen Size
6. Save the settings
7. Reboot the console.
This should resolve the problem. We've seen PS3 consoles that would not reset by performing a hard reset. We were able to resolve this issue through the settings menu though.
Let me know if it is still giving you issues.Hank
Try using another AV cable (like a normal composite cable) and try going through your PS3 setup. It may be that it is trying to go to 1080p or something because it is the HDMI, which wouldn't work on yours I bet. See if you can disable the higher resolutions and try the HDMI again to see if you can get the 720p to work. Hope this helps!
Adjust the system's video output settings. Select the best output settings for the TV in use.
1. Check the resolution supported by your TV. Resolution (video mode) varies depending on the TV type. For details, refer to the instructions supplied with the TV.
2. Select (Display Settings) under (Settings) in the home menu.
3. Select [Video Output Settings].
4. Select the connector type on your TV. Resolution (video mode) varies depending on the type of connector used.
Input connector on the TV Supported video modes (NTSC region) *1 Supported video modes (PAL region) *1 HDMI 1080p / 1080i / 720p / 480p 1080p / 1080i / 720p / 576p Component / D-Terminal *2 1080p / 1080i / 720p / 480p / 480i 1080p / 1080i / 720p / 576p / 576i Composite / S Video *3 480i 576i AV MULTI / SCART *4 480p / 480i 576p / 576i *1 The video mode options vary depending on the region where the PS3™ system was purchased. In North America, Asia and other NTSC regions, 480i video mode is displayed as [Standard (NTSC)]. In Europe and other PAL regions, 576i video mode is displayed as [Standard (PAL)]. For details, refer to the instructions supplied with the product.
*2 D-terminal is a connector type used mainly in Japan. The resolutions supported by D1-D5 are as follows: D5: 1080p / 720p / 1080i / 480p / 480i D4: 1080i / 720p / 480p / 480i D3: 1080i / 480p / 480i D2: 480p / 480i D1: 480i
*3 Composite is the connector used to connect the AV cable that is supplied with the PS3™ system. S VIDEO is a format mainly used in Japan.
*4 AV MULTI is a format mainly used in Japan. SCART is a format mainly used in Europe. If [AV MULTI / SCART] is selected, the screen allowing you to select the type of output signal will be displayed.
5. Change video output settings. Change the resolution for the video output. Depending on the connector type selected in step 4, this screen may not be displayed.
6. Set the resolution. Select all resolutions supported by the TV in use. Video will automatically be output at the highest resolution possible for the content you are playing from among the selected resolutions.* * The video resolution is selected in order of priority as follows: 1080p > 1080i > 720p > 480p/576p > Standard (NTSC:480i/PAL:576i).
If [Composite / S Video] is selected in step 4, the screen for selecting resolutions will not be displayed. If [HDMI] is selected, you can also select to automatically adjust the resolution (the HDMI device must be turned on). In this case, the screen for selecting resolutions will not be displayed.
7. Set the TV type. Select the type of TV in use. Set when only SD resolution (NTSC:480p / 480i, PAL: 576p / 576i) is to be output such as when [Composite / S Video] or [AV MULTI / SCART] is selected in step 4.
8. Check your settings. Confirm that the image displayed is at the correct resolution for the TV. You can go back to a previous screen and revise the settings by pressing the button.
9. Save your settings. The video output settings are saved on the PS3™ system. You can continue on to set audio output settings. For details on audio output, see (Settings) > (Sound Settings) > [Audio Output Settings] in this guide.
Well, I won't take the credit of others. Many people have the same problem as you do.
In the search box on the top of this page, put in " PS3 HDMI ". The one that has the 10 solutions so far has the best answers for you.
If you accidentally set your PS 3 for 1080p resolution, when the TV can only support 720p, you get a black screen. The Westinghouse TV I used displayed a message that said "invalid format." To reset the PS 3 to the standard AV format, you shut the PS 3 off. Then you hold the PS 3’s power button down for about 10 seconds. It will reset to standard video