The shredder was paper jammed
Ensure the wastebasket is empty then move power switch to the REVERSE position. This will reverse the jammed paper out of the shredder. If shredder jams again, alternate control switch slowly between REVERSE and AUTO (l) positions to attempt to move jammed paper completely through the shredder. If the shredder jams in reverse mode, move the switch to AUTO (l), depress the manual forward button located on the center of the shredder head and allow to run for five seconds. If jam does not clear, move switch to REVERSE again and allow to run for five seconds.
Repeat this process until jam is cleared. If necessary, turn off shredder and use care to grasp the paper and carefully pull out to clear jam. Once cleared, move switch to AUTO (l) to continue shredding. The jamming may be happening because the cutting cylinder needs to be oiled.
Follow instructions to oil your shredder;
To keep your shredder in top condition, the cutting blades need to be oiled every so often (for frequency, please refer to your owner's manual). We recommend using Powershred® Lubricant or a vegetable-based oil (such as corn or canola) in a non-aerosol container with an extension nozzle.
Caution: Never use flammable synthetic oil, petroleum-based, or aerosol lubricants to oil the cutting blades. Some agents may combust, causing serious injury. NEVER USE WD40.
1. Depress and hold the reverse button down.
2. Put the tip of the oil bottle in the paper entry and make one or two sweeps the length of the entry while squeezing the oil bottle.
3. Move the power switch to Auto (I) position, or depress the manual forward button (depending on model of shredder) and allow the blades to run at least three seconds.
4. Move the power switch to Reverse (R) position and allow it to run for at least three seconds.
5. Repeat steps three and four above at least three time.
Apr 20, 2011 |
Geha Primo 1400 Shredder