Question about Computers & Internet
There seems to be a problem with the HP solution center program that came with the scanjet. Do you have the cd? The cd will contain the file under SETUp - Solution center - ,,,msi
If you don't have the cd you can download the full feature software from the HP website and it will contain the file, but this will be easier to fix with the cd.
Let me know if you can find it from the cd or if you need the link.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. If any peripheral devices, except the optional external CD-ROM drive unit
(CE-CD05), are connected to your computer, disconnect them.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
5. Insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 1 into the CD-ROM drive.
6. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
7. In Boot Sequence of the Main menu, set CD-ROM Drive to the top of the list;
then, press ESC.
8. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
9. Read the message on the screen, and select the operating system which you
had selected for the first time you use the computer; then, press Enter.
You cannot change the operating system from the first choice.
10. Read the message on the screen, and select the way to recover your system;
then, press Enter.
11. Read the message and select Continue; then, press Enter.
12. Read the message and select Continue again; then, press Enter.
13. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 2, remove the disk 1 and insert the disk 2; then, press Enter.
14. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 3, remove the disk 2 and insert the disk 3; then, press Enter.
15. If you see the message The Operating System has been recovered
successfully, remove the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 3. The system will
16. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
17. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
18. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
Enter twice. The system restarts.
19. Set up Windows, following the instructions on the screen. When you finish
the setup, the recovery is completed.
Jun 02, 2011 | Sharp PC UM20 PC Notebook
Dec 28, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite P205D-S8804 Laptop
Oct 23, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 21, 2010 | HP LaserJet 2840 All-In-One Printer
Apr 27, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
May 27, 2009 | MSI MEGABOOK M510C Notebook
Jan 21, 2009 | Microsoft Windows 98 for PC
Dec 12, 2008 | HP OfficeJet D135 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 14, 2008 | Acer (91.42R37.001) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo)...
Mar 29, 2008 | HP PSC 1410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!