Question about Moen 7065 Vestige Single-Handle Kitchen Faucet with Side Spray Chrome...

1 Answer

Vestige 7065 how do i remove cartridgi.handle is off

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 44 Answers

Note: You can get a cartridge for FREE from the hardware store if you have the old cartridge to trade them. The problem is that Moen cartridges are water-sealed into place and you need a special tool to break that water seal. The special tool (just a tiny piece of specifically shaped plastic, really) comes, you guessed it - with the new cartridge.
Two possible solutions: a) bite the bullet and just buy the cartridge (~$25) or buy a Moen cartridge puller, usually available from the hardware store as well for about the same price. Ask, they might even lend you one.
The point of whichever tool you end up with is to rotate the cartridge itself inside the faucet body to break the water seal so that you can pull it out with a set of pliers. There will be a retaining clip to pull out as well. Once the water seal is broken and the retaining clip is slid out, the cartridge will pull straight out.
Good Luck.

Posted on Sep 09, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I unscrew the dome under the handle on a 7065 Vestige Single Handle Kitchen Faucet

The decorative dome under the handle is snapped on so carefully wiggle and pull and it should come off.

Aug 26, 2016 | Plumbing

1 Answer

How do I replace the valve on 7065

The cover should snap off, replacing the cartridge will depend which version you have. Here's a link to the parts breakdowns for that series.

Aug 26, 2016 | Moen 7065 Vestige Single-Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

How do I replace the cartridge in my Moen 7065 Vestige Single Handled kitchen Faucet?

first the water needs to be shut off, then with an allan wrench if i remember it should be 1/8. the allan screw is located in the handle. remove the screw completely and under the handle should be a nut, with a crescent wrench remove the nut and the cartridge should be ready to be removed. it is going to be difficult to come out with out the proper moen tool but vise grips will help as you have to pull straight up. if you find a plumping wholesale and give them the model # they should be able to give you the right cartridge. or if you call moen the will ship you one either way it should be free as that is a warranty item.

Aug 26, 2012 | Moen 7065 Vestige Single-Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

When replacing handle it will not shut off water unless you push on top of tap.

You need to get the assembly back together properly there is a notch that needs to lock on cartridge area

Nov 07, 2009 | Moen 7065 Vestige Single-Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

Can not figure out how to take it apart to replace leakey gasket

there is an allen key in the front of the handle.may be under where the hot and cold indicator is take that off and look to see if there is a hole.if so use an allen key to remove.

Jun 02, 2009 | Moen 7065 Vestige Single-Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

Moen 7065 leaking at base of lever control in kitchen faucet

Yes, a cartridge will probably solve it. There are two different Moen cartridges so be sure to take the old one with you so you get the correct one.

Apr 05, 2009 | Moen 7065 Vestige Single-Handle Kitchen...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Moen 7065 Vestige Single-Handle Kitchen Faucet with Side Spray Chrome... Logo

342 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Moen Plumbing Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

15273 Answers

Don Numinen
Don Numinen

Level 2 Expert

67 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4350 Answers

Are you a Moen Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides