Question about Computers & Internet
Advent 7106 - I sometimes cannot load the dvd in the drive
Most likely, the DVD laser sensor is dirty.
1. Use a can of compressed air ($6) to maybe clean it enough to work.
2. Obtain a DVD drive cleaner kit from Radio Shack (maybe WalMart) ($12).. it is a disc that has a tiny brush on it.
3. You have to "play" the CD/DVD through "track 04" - Read instructions carefully.
This will work.
It could also be dirty DVD discs (not likely)
1. Clean the DVD disc with a lens cleaner wipe (like for eyeglasses)
2. or clean your hands when eating pizza and watching a DVD movie.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 11, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Nov 01, 2010 | Audiovox VOD102 Car DVD Player
Jan 03, 2010 | Advent 4211c Notebook
Dec 23, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Aug 25, 2009 | Audiovox Car Audio & Video
Mar 30, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 18, 2008 | Recoton Advent Advent DVD-8200 DVD Player
Aug 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 03, 2008 | Computers & Internet
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!