Question about E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
D2880 will not power up after turned off for one week, power strip also was turned off, did get green light on mother board.
1. tried different outlet and cord. no power up.
2. noticed char mark on motherboard component.
3. took 2 power supplies into Comp-usa, both tested good.tried both.
4. installed new motherboard with cmos bat. from gateway. no power
5. rechecked power switch and swapped with other working switch. zip
6. removed memory cards and rechecked all connections. no power up
7. installed processor from working computer. no power up
8. tried to power up with cd disconnected and good hard drive. zip
always get green light on motherboard . what can I try next?
Your getting power to your PSU, via the green light on your mobo.
verify the PSU has a green light(most emachines do)
it sort of sounds stupid but, check the connection of the cable coming from the front of the case(the wires that connect to the mobo to the power button on the outside of the case.
if all else fails, take the pc out of the case.. put all components on a static free bag and start to rebuild your PC(without a case)
...this will rule out a short on the PC case, and faulty wiring from the case...
pretty much sounds like you've been through almost every step except replacing the PSU(you just said you tested/but your getting power to the PSU)
hope some of this helped
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 31, 2011 | E-Machines FREE DELIVERY eMachine power...
Nov 22, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Jun 19, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Feb 09, 2010 | E-Machines (T2958) PC Desktop
Sep 03, 2009 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Dec 21, 2008 | E-Machines Emachine T5026 power supply **...
Nov 23, 2008 | Intel D845GVSR Motherboard
Nov 20, 2008 | E-Machines (T2824) PC Desktop
Apr 09, 2008 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
297 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!