I dropped my phone in the toilet. It was in a leather case and I grabbed it immediately, so it really didn't get too wet. I immediately removed the battery and dried it out. The next day I could see moisture under the screen. It dried out and has worked fine for a week. Last night the screen would not come on. I could dial out and receive calls but I couldn't see anything. It finally came back on. The alarm worked fine this morning. Then, the screen started to scramble. Now there is nothing on the screen, but calls can still be made and received fine.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
They will not replace the phone as dropping it into the toilet is definitely not part of the proper handling. So what you can do to save the phone is to use your hairdryer on it without the heat so that you can dry it up completely. Then assemble it and with your fingers crossed, power it on. Initially if the phone does not come on then charge the battery and then power it on. read the following link
Got Your phone Wet? - Save It Now.
I don't really understand what is being asked here. Are you saying you were **** and dropped your phone in the toilet and it is now wet? The best thing to do is remove the battery right away. Get a big jar, fill it with rice. Put the phone and the battery in the rice filled jar. The rice will absorb all moisture quickly, hopefully saving the water-logged electronics. Keep the phone in the jar for 24 to 48 hours, let it really dry out. Try to put the battery in the phone and start it up. If NOTHING happens, maybe the battery is dead. Try charging it. If still NOTHING happens, I think that you may have water-logged your phone and it is beyond repair. Try using your home-owner's insurance, if you have it, and claim your phone was stolen. Maybe they will give you money to buy a new phone.
From page 224 in your manual: Avoid exposing your phone and accessories to rain or liquid spills. If your phone does get wet, immediately turn the power off and remove the battery. From page 236 in your manual: Phone 1 Year Batteries 1 Year Leather Case/Pouch/Holster 90 Days Game Pad 90 Days Other Phone Accessories 1 Year
Hope this helps, let me know if I can do anything else for you. Don’t forget to rate me or leave a short not. I appreciate it. Thanks. JimmyC
yes in some cases. but since you switch on your phone without completely drying it out, some problems may arise... like, auto-shut off, no signal, no ringtone, not chraging and even worse, it might die... in cases like wet phones.. it should be dried out completely to avoid shortages on the electronic components. but anyway... try cleaning it with laquer thinner for a minute or two... this will remove the moist deposits that might have developed on the ic's..
no the same thing is happening with my sister's phone. she dropped her's in a puddle and a toilet and now it wont charge and her screen turned red/orange. you can try airing your phone out but that may not work. the env is a horrible phone. i had four or five of them, get a different phone as soona as you can!!