- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Light bulbIf your
microwave light bulb is not working, perhaps it has blown. The first
step is to replace the bulb and power on the microwave. If this does not
correct the issue, the next step is to check the socket and wiring to
verify if that is the problem.
Light bulb socket & main control boardIf
your microwave light bulb is not working after the installation of a
new bulb, check the light socket as well as the wiring to ensure they
are properly operating. If these sources are functioning properly, the
next step is to check for a faulty control board as a possible root
cause to your microwave light bulb malfunction.
Could have a faulty relay - fuse or worse wiring problem in that area. Break down the possibles first - bulbs (check & clean), check no wires are loose or broken, then check relay some are located inside car under drives legs (you should hear it clicking as you mentioned). Then check fuses (if unsure which 1 to check always do it 1 at a time if no location details are on lid/cover. Other than that sparky will need to take a look.
the start relay in the control panel is bad,the relays coil is moving this is the click you hear,but the main contacts in the relay are bad there are 4 wires to it 2 for the start switch and 2 for the main contacts
Hi, if the light on the switch is coming on, the relay is fine. Unless both bulbs are burned out, the problem is in the wiring between the relay and the lights. I recommend you trace the wiring backward from the passenger side fog light to the power box under the hood to see if the wire is cut. There should be two wires coming out of the power box--one going to each fog light. If the wiring looks good, it is also possible that the ground to the lights is bad.
Make sure you are using standard 60 watt bulbs. Some newer type bulbs are causing a problem. If you have a multimeter and are handy it should be no problem to check for 110 volts at the socket and trace the wiring back to the circuit board. There may be burnt or missing traces on the board itself. The click you hear is the relay that controls the lights so you know that is working but there is always the possibility the points are bad.
We see (and repair) this
a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which
we regularly repair nationwide by mail for $39.95 postpaid in about a
our Web site, you can get details of our service, plus we have a video
available showing how to remove a typical
over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
This light failure often
occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament
shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first
unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a
failure on the controller.
This can often also
affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be
inoperable or stuck on too.
If your relay is bad and you want to replace it yourself, it is part # 3501-001050 and you can find
helpful exploded view diagrams of your microwave and order that part here.
Be sure to also do any needed circuit board repair with 30AWG wire to prevent it from doing worse damage if another bulb shorts.
Feel free to contact me directly (and please remind me of your
full model number) for more information & help.
happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your
thoughtful rating of our answer.
culd be a relay on the clock assy not closing , or the safety valve has gone bad. the valve is checked by checking for continuity through the valve itself( it should have continuity through the two wire connections oon the one side of the vavle). as far as the relay on the clock cosing, with a good valve, you should get 110v to the ignitor when bake is selected( you should hear a faint click from clock a sec or 2 after pressing start)
We see this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.
This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.
If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, linked here on Fixya: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk