Question about Casio FX-115ES Scientific Calculator
I have changed the two batteries in my Casio Calculator fx4500p but it still says low battery.what seems to be the problem?
Seems to be a common problem on this otherwise great calculator that helped me through both high school and university. I've had mine for nearly 20 years and this problem showed up a few years ago. But I remember classmates reported the same problem when it was almost new.
If replacing batteries isn't helping, the problem is most likely caused by oxidation on the springs connecting the battery holder to the main PCB. The solution is as follows:
1. Remove the metal back cover (2 screws)
2. Remove the plastic back lid by removing the black screws (leave the batteries mounted) and CAREFULLY slide the back lid to the lower end (where the EXE button is located). Do not lift while sliding until the lid easily comes off.
3. On the back side of the plastic lid, very carefully bend the the two metal connectors ~1 mm on both batteryholders to increase their tension.
4. Clean the connecting pads on the PCB and the metal springs with de-oxidizer solvent.
5. Re-assemble and your 4500P calculator should be good as new.
Posted on Mar 28, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2015 | Casio Office Equipment & Supplies
on Jan 17, 2009 | Casio FX-115W Plus Calculator
Feb 01, 2014 | Casio Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 27, 2013 | Casio Fx-991es Scientific Calculator
Jun 24, 2012 | Casio FX82MS Scientific Calculator
May 06, 2011 | Casio FX-9750GPlus Calculator
Oct 01, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 23, 2017 | Casio HR-100TEPlus Calculator
Feb 25, 2010 | Casio Office Equipment & Supplies
429 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!