Question about Kenmore Dryers
I installed a new thermal fuse and it stopped working after 2 uses. when tested current does not pass through fuse any longer. I assumed part defective and replaced. The same thing happened on first dry attempt. I dont think it is the part but an unknown problem in my dryer. can you help me figure the problem out. Maybe I should replace the high heat fuse as well? the current one does have good test results for current/continuity. thank you
The thermal fuse or high limit thermostat failure generally points to a reduction of air flow due to SOME blockage either inside the dryer or in the vent pipe leading out of the house. If you find either of these parts bad be sure to check the vents after replacing parts to ensure the same parts won't fail again.
It sounds like you have blockage in SOME area of the venting system, either interior to the dryer or in the vent pipe leading out of the house. The thermal fuse is a safety feature to warn of low air flow. Remove vent from wall and run dryer placing hand over end of hose to determine strength of flow difference after attempting to do the same thing at the exhaust outside the house. Good Luck.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
Testimonial: "I thought I tried everything, I never would have believed lint was my problem. Thank You sooooooo much for pinpionting my problem for me."
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
microwave oven has a line fuse. This fuse is designed to blow if too
much current is drawn through the microwave circuitry. The fuse can
be replaced, but the underlying issue should still be investigated
and resolved. Otherwise the new fuse will blow also.
the microwave is not working the main control board may be
defective. This is not common. When a microwave stops working the
problem is usually the line fuse or within the high voltage circuit;
either the high voltage capacitor, diode, transformer or magnetron.
the microwave is not working the thermoprotector may have tripped.
This is a safety device to prevent the microwave from overheating. It
can be tested for continuity to see if it's blown.
Feb 07, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 07, 2013 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens
Feb 06, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 24, 2013 | Panasonic NN-S541 Microwave Oven
Jan 24, 2013 | Tappan TMT157E1 Microwave Oven
Jul 28, 2010 | Amana NDE2335AY Electric Dryer
Know that a reading of OL means "over limit." That means the resistance is off the charts, and you have a break in the circuit. If you got an OL reading for the plug wires, you'd know there was a broken wire that needs replacing. In this case, we got an OL reading because the light switch is in the "OFF" position.
Read more: How to Use an Ohmmeter ' eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2282412_use-ohmmeter.html#ixzz0zwX1LcJD
Consider that a low reading, anywhere from 0 to .5, indicates very little to no resistance. This means there's a continuity of current in the circuit. This is the reading you should get
Read more: How to Use an Ohmmeter ' eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2282412_use-ohmmeter.html#ixzz0zwXjz6C0
Jul 19, 2010 | DeLonghi BCO264B Espresso Machine Coffee...
Mar 17, 2010 | Cuisinart Grind and Brew 10 Cup Coffee...
Mar 31, 2008 | Fedders Y Chassis AEY12F7E Air Conditioner
Feb 19, 2018 | Kenmore Dryers
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: