Question about HP HD7500S USB 2.0 Hard Drive
Where can I download the hd7500s driver for Windows XP?
It should not need any.
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
If you still cannot access it then try via the disk management panel and make sure it shows up there.
Oh and if its making any clicking noises after being bumped dropped etc. you may be in for some bad news.
Clicking often referred to as "The click of death" is usually just that.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2016 | Computers & Internet
on Dec 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 09, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 29, 2009 | HP HD7500S USB 2.0 Hard Drive
Mar 02, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4930-6862 Laptop
Aug 21, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 18, 2008 | E-Machines Computers & Internet
312 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: