I wanted liberated space and my PC lost its operative system. I installed Windows XP, but no original. After that I can listen any sound. ¿What can I do? ¿Can I download directly sound driver by Internet? Please, help me.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
How to reinstall Windows XP operating system or installing fresh copy of Windows XP on your computer.
If your Windows XP operating system had problem due to corrupted files, viruses problem or you want to upgrade your system. This procedure will guide you in reinstalling your current Windows XP or installing fresh copy.
After this installing process, you need all your hardware drivers like Chipset Intel driver, LAN driver, Sound driver, WAN driver, Webcam driver and others for the computer to be fully operational. Otherwise, do not proceed on reinstalling you operating system if your do not have those hardware drivers.
CDROM drive is required for installing Windows XP. If you don't have in your notebook computer, use external CDROM drive to connect in your computer using a USB cable.
1. To start with, you need to back up your in blank CD all your important files before you begin installation produre because all the data will be wipe out.
2. When ready, start your computer and when booting press F2 to BIOS setting.
3. On BIOS menu, choose the BOOT setting and change the priority boot to CDROM, exit and save.
In some laptops, you can skip this BIOS setting process by repeatedly pressing F9 key or F10key when booting your computer and it will run boot priority on CD.
4. Once you exit from BIOS, you computer will reboot and a message will appear " Press any key to boot from CD", press any key to enter into WINDOWS XP SET UP.
5. Belows instruction messages will appear:
* To set up Windows XP now, press ENTER * To repair Windows XP installation using recovery console, press R * To quit set up without installing Windows XP, press F3
Press ENTER to initiate the installation.
6. You will go to Windows XP license agreement and press F8 to agree.
7. You will ask you if you want to REPAIR or REINSTALL the operating system. It will appear like this. Just press ESC to proceed.
A. To repair the selected Windows XP installation, press R. B. To continue installing fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing, press ESC.
From repairing your operating system, it will not removed all your files and other software installed in your computer including your hardware drivers installed. Just fixing the operating system.
For reinstalling the operating system, you need to back up all you files because it will wipe out all you datas in your computer.
8. After that, it ask you where partition you want to install the operating system. The message will display like this :
C : Partition1 [NTFS] D : Partition2 [NTFS] Unpartitioned Space
Use the directional key to navigate and choose C: Partition1 if you want reinstalling Windows XP and press enter.
If you want clean copy of Windows XP, you need to delete both partition by pressing L and install clean copy at Unpartitioned space. By these procedure, you will have C: drive only. D: Drive is delete.
9. After choosing the desire partition. this will appear :
* Format the partition using NTFS files system * Format the partition using the NFTS file
I suggest to choose the first line which is the quick format. The 2nd line take too much time to install the operating system. Press to initiate the installation and it will be finish and reboot automatically. PART OF WINDOWS INSTALLATION IS FINISHED.
If you had interrupted installation which is asking for certain driver file, your CD installer maybe damage which cause files to be unreadable. Try to replace the new Windows XP installer CD to proceed and until finished installing OS.
10. Once it reboots, this time do not boot from CD or do not press any key to go to PART2 OF WINDOWS XP INSTALLATION PROCESS.
11. On the opening, regional and laguage option will appear, jus click next.
12. The it will ask to type your name & organization. Put you name and company if any and click next
13. Then, it will ask for CD key and type the 25 character CD key and click next
14. Then it will ask for computer name. You can change or leave it and click next.
15. Then, set your date and time zone and click next.
16. Then, it will ask you for workgroup and computer domain, just leave it and click next.
17. Now wait until the installation process end and it will again restart automatically.
18. Again, do not boot from CD and display setting will appear. Just click OK.
19. welcom to Microsoft Windows screen will appear. Just click next.
20. Helps protect your PC will appear and choose Turn on Automatic Updates ( Only if you install genuine Windows XP). Otherwise, I suggest to choose "Not right not" if you are installing copy only of Windows XP.
21. Who will use this computer message will appear. Just type your name on the first box and click next.
Also for your reference, here is the video for your convenient .
A thank you message will appear, Just click next and it is finished.
I hope it helps you and thank you for using FixYa !
For repairing the operating system here is the blog as other want it.
As per others demand, here is the video for Windows 7 and Windows Vista Operating system
the drivers for your model are available for free download here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNFS740W&upd_id=1956&os_id=7
this driver is for Windows XP which was originally installed on your computer model. click the "download now" button and make sure to save the file to your DESKTOP so that you can find it after you download it. double click on the downloads' new icon on your desktop to start the installation.
NOTE: if you have changed operating systems from xp to vista or windows 7, you will need to hit the button that says "see all applicable models and operating systems" and download the appropriate driver for YOUR operating system.
You cannot uninstall Windows Vista,
but you can reinstall your previous operating system, which then
replaces Windows Vista. To reinstall
your old operating system, you must have the original installation
disc. Back up your programs and files, insert the installation disc into
your computer, and then reinstall the old operating system. To regain
the hard disk space used by Windows Vista,
reformat the disk during the reinstallation process. After reinstalling
your previous operating system, reinstall your programs and files.
More information is here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978788
You may want to consider upgrading rather than downgrading.
If you have already downgraded your computer from Vista to Windows XP, you have probably discovered that your PC does not work properly. You may have noticed that features like sound, DVD, or the webcam on your new PC have stopped working. You are probably wondering where you can find the right XP drivers. HP does NOT provide XP-compatible drivers for PCs that were designed exclusively for Vista. If your PC shipped with Vista, HP supports the installed hardware and software while the PC is operating with the Vista operating system, according to the written agreements.
You may attempt to use non-Vista drivers and programs that are provided by other companies; however, HP cannot provide technical support or diagnose potential hardware issues until you reinstall the original Vista operating system
so if you want us to find you working drivers your going to need the exact model of the card before we start searching for a driver.