Question about Cell Phones
Thanks for using FixYa. If you can't make or receive calls, send or receive text messages, or access email or the web then follow these steps---
1. Check the cell signal indicator in the status bar at the top of the screen. If there are no bars, or if it says "No service," try moving to a different location. If you're indoors, try going outdoors or moving closer to a window.
2. Check to make sure you’re in an area with network coverage. Go to your carrier's website to see network coverage areas.
3. Make sure airplane mode isn't on. From the Home screen choose Settings, then turn Airplane Mode off.
4. If that doesn't work, turn airplane mode on, wait 15 seconds, then turn airplane mode off again.
5. Make sure to include an area code for every phone number in your contacts list that you use to send or receive text messages.
6. If that doesn't work, turn iPhone off and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPhone for a few seconds until a red slider appears, then slide the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Note: If you enter the SIM PIN incorrectly three times, you may need to contact your carrier for a Personal Unlocking Key (PUK) to enable your SIM card again.
7. If that doesn't work, there may be an issue with your wireless service. Call your carrier or go to your carrier's website.
8. If that doesn't work, restore the iPhone software. See this document or see "Updating and Restoring iPhone Software" in the iPhone User's Guide.
If iPod touch won't turn on, or if the display freezes or doesn't respond--
§ iPod touch may need charging. See "Charging the Battery" in the iPod touch Features Guide.
§ Press and hold the Home button for at least six seconds, until the application you were using quits.
§ If that doesn't work, turn off iPod touch and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPod touch for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
§ If that doesn't work, reset iPod touch. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
Please tell us what issue are you facing with the iPhone.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 06, 2016 | Cell Phones
on Jul 31, 2010 | Cameras
on Jul 29, 2010 | Cameras
Feb 06, 2016 | Cell Phones
Jan 17, 2016 | Apple iPhone Cell Phones
on Jul 06, 2010 | Cameras
on Jun 24, 2010 | Cell Phones
May 14, 2014 | Apple iPhone Cell Phones
Sep 10, 2012 | Apple iPhone 3G
May 22, 2012 | A Thinking Ape Kingdoms at War
Nov 24, 2017 | ZTE Cell Phones
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!