Question about Acer D-Link 2.4GHz Wireless Router 802.11b (DLINKROUTER)
Is this the WAN light you are talking about or the power light?
The WAN light blinks to show you connection with your client computers. Its ok.
If its the power light then un plug router completly and plug it back in check if does the same thing again? If yes then some hardware issue exist and the router needs to be replaced.
Hope that helped!
Posted on Dec 07, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 13, 2013 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Dec 07, 2012 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Dec 12, 2011 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Apr 05, 2011 | D-Link DIR-815 Xtreme N Wireless 802.11N...
Aug 15, 2010 | D-Link DIR-628 Wireless Router
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
May 20, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jan 13, 2010 | D-Link (DI-711) Router
Dec 29, 2007 | D-Link DI-624M Router (DI624MRE)
548 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: