I have installed quick cam,the sound check worked but have lost sound on my computer. tall speakers work,its not on mute,sound comes out of speakers with sound check but not with you tube,my music or anythng else.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try to reinstall your sound driver...you can find this driver on your motherboard CD or you can download this driver from your motherboard manufacturer website....
try to connect speaker on another system, if it works on another system it means that your speaker in working and there is no technical fault if your speaker is not working it means your speaker need a repair..
there is a icon of speaker on right bottom near by time check there if it is on mute mode if it is then unchecked the box ..
ifyou find this is helpful for you so please rate me this will encourage me to domore free work.. regards sandy
Thanksfor using FIXYA
1. Cable connection of the speaker to your computer and the power cable if its plug in correctly. Normally the Audio cable of the speaker is plugged into the green audio port on the computer.
2. You speaker is on mute. Check the speaker icon located on the lower left side of you desktop. If its on mute then try to un-mute the volume and test the speaker.
3. The driver is not installed properly. Check the device manager if there is a Question/Exclamation mark on the Audio devices.
4 If everything are Ok. try to plug the Audio cable of the speaker to any of your Portable sound devices like Ipod. If that still does not work then you need to replace the soundbar. Contact Dell for a free replacement if still under warranty.
try making sure your sound is switched on, try checking through control panel and sounds, make sure this is not muted, if this doesnt work repost u might need the drivers to re install your onboard soundcard on your motherboard,
Go to "Start", "Control Panel", Administrative Tools, Computer Management, click on "Device Manager" on the left hand side and look on the right hand side. See if you have a yellow exclamation next to the "Sounds, Video and Game Controllers". If yes, double-click on the line with the exclamation and then click on the driver tab at the top. Click update driver and when it asks if you would like to to check the internet for updated drivers, tell it yes, this time only and continue. After this process, it should either download and install a new driver for your sound card or install the one that was shipped with your computer. If this does not work, please let me know and we will check the next possible problem.
1) check audio driver is installed in system or not it may have some one remove audio driver. 2)If driver installed check volume is not mute. 3)If all thing is ok check speaker in another system by connecting it. 4) If spk is working in another system. it means sound card of that system is faulty.