My Laptop doesnt start at all . I dont know what
1. remove all ext peripherals
2. remove battery
3. check first the ac adapter if it has led on (make sure ac adapter is not connected to the laptop)
4. try any other wall socket check if ac adapter will led stay on
5. if ac adapter stayed on then connect to laptop (without the batter)
6. after connecting the ac adapter to laptop check if the ac adapter led turned off, if yes then check ac adapter laptop pin on the side if is loose or damage.
7. if ac adapter stayed on after connecting to laptop press now the power button on the laptop just once. check if the power led on laptop will turn on (check if power led stays on or it blinks amber)
8. if it blinks amber then remove all CRUs such as dvd drive, memory, hard drive and wireless cards. put them back one at a time. make sure you turn off laptop when putting removed hardware. this will check and isolate which causing the power led to blink.
9. if the power led stays on then turn it off again then wait a couple of seconds then press and hold on Fn key then press power button. wait for about 5 minutes while the power led is steady on, until you hear beeps once you hear beeps it means that LCD has problems. try then connecting laptop to an external monitor if it shows display there. press on Fn + F8 to toggle the display from LCD laptop to the ext monitor. if no display replace the motherboard. if it has display replace LCD.
Oct 15, 2009 |
Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook