Question about Epson LQ-2180 Dot Matrix Printer
I bought a printer EPSON LQ-2180. at first it was fine. lately all the lights in the front panel are blinking when i turn it on. i check everything, but as i turn it on, it continuous blinking. help me please
Please read through these instructions first and then follow the steps below:
1. Please power the printer OFF.
2. Remove the printer cable from the back of the printer and remove all the paper as well.
3. Hold down the "FONT" and "TEAR OFF" buttons and turn the printer on.
4. Continue holding the "FONT" and "TEAR OFF" buttons down for five (5) seconds and then release both at the same time.
5. Power the printer OFF.
6. Reconnect the printer cable.
7. Reinstall paper and ensure the thickness selector is in the correct position and that the path selector is also correct.
If the situation persists, remove the ribbon and paper and slide the print head back and forth so that it makes contact on both sides forcefully enough to make a loud noise. Reload the ribbon and the paper and try your test again.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
Check if the print head is moving freely,may be the ribbon mask is out of positioned or worn out,is the ribbon o.k,or the carriage motor has gone faulty,please check.
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
Try to check the sensor, you can clean or better to replace it. you can see the sensor below to the ribbon of your printer. if the same problem you may have a problem with your board.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2013 | Epson LQ-2180 Dot Matrix Printer
Sep 24, 2010 | Epson LQ-2180 Dot Matrix Printer
Feb 09, 2010 | Epson LQ-2180 Dot Matrix Printer
Jan 09, 2009 | Epson LQ-2180 Dot Matrix Printer
3,702 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!