I just got a 40gb PS3 today. When I hook up the A/V cables to my tv, there is some kind of feedback coming through like a low hum. when the PS3 is the only thing hooked up, it's gone. the minute I hookup everything else,including the cable, it comes right back.... does anybody have any ideas or suggestions? thanks everyone
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: Some kind of feedback
I suspect that what you are referring to as "feedback or "low hum" is actually 60cycles AC hum coming from the mains. Though this is fairly common, it is quite challenging to figure out corrective actions since you have to do trial & error to determine which of your cables/devices combination would start the hum.
In some instances, this could be corrected by inserting the AC plug of the device the other way around to the mains outlet (if the prongs would allow it). Further, a filtered powerstrip instead of the wall outlet would probably also help.
Hope that this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things worked out or should you need additional information.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
However. I´m inclined to think that you did change the input on your TV. So your problem is another, this is what you have to to to reset:
1. Unplug the HDMI cable from both the TV and PS3. 2. Plug in the AV MULTI OUT cable (the red, white, yellow one provided along with the system) to both your PS3 and TV. 3. Set the TV input to the correct one and turn it on. 4. turn on the PS3 with the front button but DON´T release it, keep your finger on it, until you hear a second beep, thats when you release the button, the PS3 will start to identify what it´s connected to and will display it on your TV.
Hook up the composite cables that come with the unit. Turn the TV on to the correct input. Turn the PS3 on using the power button on the unit. When you press the button continue holding the button until you hear a second beep....about five seconds. That should set the PS3 back to the factory output. If that corrects the problem you can set the PS3 to use whichever cable you want via the XMB.
I have the PS3 and this TV and it works....Try this.
1. Turn ON TV
2. Connect HDMI from TV to PS3
3. Select the correct HDMI input on the TV for the PS3(important)
4.Turn OFF PS3 if it is ON.
5. hold [I/O] Power button on PS3
6. Wait about 5 second and you should get the "HDMI Detected" or some similar message.
7. Configure the HDMI output for the PS3
Also, If you set the PS3 to "auto" for hdmi, it may set the resolution to 1080i. You may want to deselect everthing but the 1080P.
HDMI cables will fix that. the feedback is because your playing a high res video on a low res tv (im just assuming you dont have a 1080ip TV) i had the same problem for a while until i got a 1080ip. you shouldnt have to unplug the cable.
Hi there, Have you checked that the HDMI Cable is inserted into both your PS3 and HDTV correctly ? if the cable moves about in the HDMI port that causes static sometimes ! Also check that your cable isn't damaged.
If the problem persists. i would just Use your Composite (Red,Green,Blue) connection from your TV to your PS3. you said it doesnt have static problems. and Using the composite cable you can still get the Full 1080p Resolution on your TV that the PS3 can Up-Scale to!
I have looked up the infomation on your TV I noticed that your TV has two HDMI input plugs. Since your SONY BRAVIA is hooked up to one port, you need to buy another HDMI cable for your PS3. On your tv remote you should have an option to switch from video 1 to video 2 so then you can switch from the SONY BRAVIA to the PS3 the problem is you will only hear your PS3 Sound from you TV. If you want to hear your PS3 sound from your SONY BRAVIA you need to buy an optical cable (also called TOSLINK) to connect from your PS3 to the SONY BRAVIA.