Question about Operating Systems
I open my PC Tools scan program and it will scan my system until it goes
into DEEP SCAN. PC TOOLS shows that I have 155 errors, but stops at
108 errors in the DEEP SCAN and will not go any further. The program totally stops. I am unable to repair any errors because the key on the left side of the program are not lit up.
This is PC Tools Spyware Doctor program? Try booting the computer in Safe Mode (press F8 during the boot process before you see the Windows logo and select Safe Mode from this list of options) and then running the scan. With heavier infections many cleaning tools can be blocked or have inconsistent performance.
Posted on Dec 07, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2012 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Cleanup Assistant is a set of over 20 tools designed to help you increase your computer's performance, clean your disks and protect your privacy. Cleanup Assistant runs on Windows XP , Windows Vista and Windows 7, on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
hope this helps you
Nov 19, 2011 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on keyboard to stop process associated to "Windows Scan". When Windows Task Manager opens, go to Processes Tab and find and end the following process:
2. You need to update your installed antivirus application to have the latest database.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and any detected threats must be removed. If removal is prohibited, it is best to quarantine the infected item. Manually locating and deleting of malicious files should also be performed. Please see files below that are related to Windows Scan Virus.
4. Registry entries created by Windows Scan must also be remove from the Windows system. Please refer below for entries associated to the rogue program. [how to edit registry]
5. Exit registry editor.
6. Get rid of Windows Scan start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. A windows containing System Configuration Utility will be launched. Go to Startup tab and uncheck the following Start-up item(s):
7. Click Apply and restart the computer.
Jun 13, 2011 | Operating Systems
Feb 25, 2011 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Jan 14, 2011 | Operating Systems
Nov 26, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP3 for...
Sep 12, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Jul 04, 2010 | Microsoft Operating Systems
Feb 17, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Jan 06, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Oct 20, 2016 | Operating Systems
354 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: