Question about SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
My sansa e260 is frozen it goes from white screen to sandisk over and over. I followed the instructions provided. I have downloaded the sansa recovery tool from the sansa website but am unable to run as the pdf file provided on how to run the program shows a totally different player than mine, and therefore has a different configuration of buttons. I am also not being prompted on the format or is this in the next step.
After calling SanDisk Tech Support, I was told this indicates a corrupted file. To fix the player do the following: (NOTE!!! This will put you into recovery mode and reformat your player and erase EVERYTHING from the player! You will have to reload everything once it's fixed!)
1. Make sure the player is off. If you are in the loop with the SanDisk screen/white screen, press and hold your power button (bottom left corner of player) and hold it until it turns off...may be 30 seconds or so. Lock the player by sliding the button on the top of the player toward the headphone jack so you see yellow/orange to the left of the tab/button.
2. Press and hold the record button on the left side of the player WHILE pressing the power button to turn it on. You should now enter recovery mode. Watch the screen and it'll ask you to plug the USB cable in. A box should pop up on your computer screen (does in Windows XP) that's called "16MB Format." If it doesn't pop up, go into "my computer" and look for this. Double click on it to open it up.
3. With the 16MB Format screen/box opened, put your cursor on a blank part of that screen inside the box and right click to create a new folder. Select "new" and create a new folder and name the folder "sansa.fmt"
4. Close the 16MB Format box
5. Unplug your player and watch the screen. It should soon say "reformatting..." Let it sit and it will finish and shut itself off.
6. Unlock the player by sliding the lock tab on the top of the player to the left so you don't see the orange.
7. Press the power button and turn the player on. Select your language and you should be good to go and ready to reload your music and pics. It worked for me and I hope it works for you! :o)
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
My Sansa e260 froze up on me today for the first time. No amount of power button pushing or holding would alleviate the problem. Since the Sansa e260 has a user-replaceable battery, I immediately thought of removing and reinserting the battery. Once I found a properly-sized screwdriver, i did this, and it worked like a charm. I hope I do not have to do this again, but if I need to, it is relatively quick and easy to do. If this problem occurs frequently, I shall exercise my extended warranty. Other than this hiccup, the unit has been awesome.
Posted on Dec 17, 2007
Goes from sandisk screen then to menu and says refreshing then gets blurry then goes back to sandisk black screen
Posted on Oct 02, 2008
Omg mines just going to the the sansa start menu and turns to a purple screen
Posted on Aug 16, 2008
Turn off the device, put the hold switch on. Turn it back on, but while holding the REC button on the side. This should put u in recovery mode. Connect to the computer while in recovery mode. Go online to www.megashare.com/392319, and click on the free file. This is a new firmware, the software that your mp3 uses. After it downloads, transfer it to your device. Once it completly transfered, wait a few seconds, unlock the device, and wait for it to boot up.
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
I am sooooooooo upset with this freakin thing. omg
Posted on Apr 11, 2008
My sansa mp3 e260 when i turn it on the screen goes white with lines in the background with it still saying sansa then the screen goes black and it keeps on reboting itself over and over then around like ten miutes the screen will finally go black and won't go off. please help?
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
Alright peoplee.. my sansa has been dropped multiple times, damaged, and whatever my stupid friends can pull off with it.. trust me this works. hold the power button down until the screen turns off. then turn it on. IT WORKS! just keep holding it down. mine has screwed up enough times and really it's the most durable thing i've ever owned.. call in to the sansa help line if the problems continue..
Posted on Jan 23, 2008
I have the same problem all of theses dont work for mine
Posted on Jan 09, 2008
OK I had the problem where it would go to the sandisk logo and turn white then keep repeating, but I fixed it. I called sandisk help line, they will email you two files which you will copy onto your player(when it is in recovery mode) and then you will unplug it. It will say that its is formatting for a while then eventually it will restart. Mine worked the first time but they said it might take more than one try.
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
You should just leave the power button pressed for 10-15 sec.and it should turn off
Posted on Jan 01, 2008
Babygril, already wrote one and i am just wandering if the problem that i have(showing my problem)
"I accidentally dropped mine and know I can't get it into recovery mode and it keeps going to back screen, white screen and then sansa wallpaper with the vertical lines. I have tried everything and I don't know what to do?
How do i fix it?, please I would like to know."
Is this problem fixable or should i buy a new one because i have tried the recovery thing and that doesn't work and everything that the maneual says but it still won't work so should i buy a new sansa?
HELP, please write back
Posted on Dec 20, 2007
Yeah i had the same thing happen to mine dude i just fiddled around with it turned it on and of a couple of times and it worked again.
Posted on Dec 12, 2007
Follow Solution 3 it works 100% UR THE BEST
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
Go to My Computer, right click on the Sansa e260 Driver, go to Sharing and Security, then the Tools tab and Error Check it. It worked for me.
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Apr 21, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Mar 01, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Feb 02, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Apr 26, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Aug 04, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
1,985 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: