Canon ImageClass MF3240 paper jam fix
The Canon ImageClass MF3240 continues to show "paper jam" error even if someone followed all the possible fix to remove the jam. After clearing the
paper in all access doors (both front and back), the printer still gives the paper jam error.
Also, if you have tried restarting the printer several times to no avail and the red light keeps
blinking, here is the fix to what is most probably been causing the paper jam problem of Canon ImageClass MF3240.
1. Turn off the printer and pull out all plugs and power cord that is attached to your printer.
2. Remove the paper tray at the bottom and let the printer lie at its back so that you can see underneath.
3. Get a flashlight and look closely for the sensor located underneath the printer. The sensor is located in a small
square hole, just above the small black plastic "lever" (looks like a small hockey
paddle) on the left side of the gray rubber roller. Move the lever so that you can freely look closer on the hole.
4. Notice because there could be a tiny paper shred stuck inside and this causes the sensor to detect a paper jam.
5. Get a small tweezer to remove that paper out.
6. Next, let the printer stand normally and return the tray back.
7. Re-plug all cables and start your printer. That's it!
on Jan 07, 2010 | Printers & Copiers