Question about Kenmore 24 in. 16032 Built-in Dishwasher
All lights light up including lock button. the dishwasher may run for 15 min. or 1 hour. cannot get it to run a normal cycle. sometimes it comes on and drains and then i can't get it started for several hours.
1. possible timer issue.
2. motor wear. the motor may be heat protected. if it is worn, or the pump it is attached to is worn, it may overheat. when that happens it shuts off until it cools down. if there are sufficient sensors and boards, some appliances will send information to the timer of an interrupt, which might reset the cycle.
3. drain plugged. if water does not pump out, the rinse cycle will continue to run on many units. this can relate to a general pump problem as well as a plug. inspect the hose for kinks and if it goes to an air gap at the sink, it may be plugged there. lift of the chrome dome, there is a cap at the top of the device you can see once the chrome dome is off. then, put a bowl over the air gap with a towel around the gap on the back side only so the water does not run onto the counter (if you care) and then run the rinse cycle if you can and let the pump out run directly to the sink. that will clear a clog. often clogs come to the top of the air gap, hit the cap and stay there. when you open the cap to inspect, you may not see the plug, as it drops back down the hose until pump is pushing water up the hose again. lawn sprinklers have the same problem sometimes. the clog drops down when you remove the sprinkler to see why its clogged.
Posted on Dec 22, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2012 | KitchenAid KUDS30FXSS Builtin Dishwasher
Follow these steps to set the Button Lock function:
1. Switch on the appliance.
2. Set a washing program.
3. Start the washing program.
4. Press Button Lock for approximately 5 seconds, or
until the Button Lock indicator light flashes.
5. Button Lock indicator light flashes for approximately
6. When Button Lock function is active the indicator
light is on with a static light.
At the end of a washing program the Button Lock function
is deactivated by opening and closing the door or
switching off the appliance.
Important! It is not possible to deactivate the Button
Lock function while a washing program is in progress
if you have any further questions message me back Thanks Rick
Jun 11, 2011 | Dishwashers
Apr 29, 2011 | Haier ESD310 24 in. Dishwasher
Sep 06, 2009 | KitchenAid 24 in. KUDS25SH Built-in...
May 28, 2009 | KitchenAid 24 in. KUDS25 Built-in...
Nov 13, 2008 | Frigidaire 24 in. FDB1050RE Built-in...
Feb 04, 2008 | Dishwashers
Dec 29, 2007 | Dishwashers
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: